The Simpsons has jumped the shark

I recently got back my Sky 1 privileges and looked forward to watching The Simpsons.

And boy is it awful, dreary new characters dropped in, stale jokes, long filler musical bits, glaringly obvious "ironic gags."

It also featured a few scenarios from the Season5 clipshow special, done for real.

You know the Granpa marries Selma and Bart has a doppleganger ones.

The 24 pastiche was good, but that was an exception.

It's so self-aware now, that one day it's going to implode and be gone like a fart smelling black hole of humour.

What's the Simpsons?

Quote: ContainsNuts @ December 1 2008, 7:02 PM GMT

What's the Simpsons?

Unwatchable?

How far can we go asking questions?

Do you really think its that bad?

Isn't it still a bit of fun?

Quote: ContainsNuts @ December 1 2008, 7:05 PM GMT

How far can we go asking questions?

How far can the Pope shit in the woods?

Do you really think its that bad?

No, probably not but I feel like ripping on things.

Isn't it still a bit of fun?

Just a bit.

It angers cos I used to like it, like a girlfriend cheating on you with Peter Kaye.....

WTF is Peter Kaye? Do you mean Peter Kay? Or Paul Kaye? Or Harry Hill?

Or Phil Kay.

Mmm kay.

Can you jump back over the shark?

Watching Spooks and it's way better than the last couple of seasons.

I watched an episode of The Simpsons from USA last night.. about muslims and bombings! I was a tad shocked if i'm honest!

Any good?

The Guantanomo where Elmo kills himself was a rare late goody.

It still has the odd episode that gets a chuckle out of me but overall I wish someone would just kill the show. It's bloody awful.

But as for come backs check out the new Futurama movie: Bender's Game
It had me laughing the entire way through! Like the original show.
I liked the first movie (Bender's big Score) but didn't care much for the 2nd (Beast of a Billion Backs) but this movie was gold!

I agree that The Simpsons has jumped. I recently got Sky 1 back as well, and I've been a bit disappointed with the new episodes. The makers seem to have panicked into making it more like Family Guy, e.g the other day, they did a scene that parodied Lord of the Rings, in which Lisa and Bart made a fort, out of cardboard boxes, which they defended against an army of postal workers, some of whom were riding dragons. Years ago, the dragons wouldn't have featured, unless it had all been part of a dream sequence, or it had been one of the Halloween specials, but recently, the writers have just gone for full on wackiness to try and get laughs.

Quote: Curt @ December 2 2008, 12:36 AM GMT

It still has the odd episode that gets a chuckle out of me but overall I wish someone would just kill the show. It's bloody awful.

Cool