British Comedy Awards 2008 Page 20

Nah, you're right.

It's not the animosity that annoys me though, it's the (usually) smug little buggers who send it out. They are usually thick little twunts who wouldn't know good comedy if it shat on their face.

(Not all of them, mind. Just most of them.)

If Gervais is the antithesis of a traditional acceptance speech then BOLLOCKS is the antithesis of a traditional response!

Quote: zooo @ December 9 2008, 3:35 PM GMT

It's not the animosity that annoys me though, it's the (usually) smug little buggers who send it out. They are usually thick little twunts who wouldn't know good comedy if it shat on their face.

There's a great scene in Oz like this where somebody gets their face shat on.

I bet they enjoy it as well.

They are usually thick little twunts who wouldn't know good comedy if it shat on their face.

Although in this case it was multi award winning/nominated comedians and writers who have produced comedy that makes millions laugh. Unless you expect Billy Connolly to roll up and start yelling, what more can you ask for?

Quote: zooo @ December 9 2008, 3:41 PM GMT

I bet they enjoy it as well.

No, it's a Neo Nazi and he hates it.

Quote: Pete @ December 9 2008, 3:42 PM GMT

Although in this case it was multi award winning/nominated comedians and writers who have produced comedy that makes millions laugh. Unless you expect Billy Connolly to roll up and start yelling, what more can you ask for?

They've probably won polls as well!

But I don't want to get you too excited.

Quote: zooo @ December 9 2008, 3:43 PM GMT

They've probably won polls as well!

But I don't want to get you too excited.

It's mainly 911s and watches that get Pete revved up.

They are usually thick little twunts who wouldn't know good comedy if it shat on their face.

Interesting word - Twunts! No censoring needed.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ December 9 2008, 2:56 PM GMT

Exactly, those comments were long overdue. If Gervais can mock the awards show, then surely they can mock him back? :D

Prezunctly. :)

Quote: chipolata @ December 9 2008, 3:48 PM GMT

It's mainly 911s and watches that get Pete revved up.

I think Pete was winding you up with all that...think he was using Gervais 'irony'.

Quote: Aaron @ December 9 2008, 4:06 PM GMT

Prezunctly. :)

It's nice to be agreeing with you one something for once Aaron, we usually are at odds. And we both really like Outnumbered as well. Maybe 2009 will be a good year for us. :D

Quote: Martin Holmes @ December 10 2008, 8:40 PM GMT

I think Pete was winding you up with all that...think he was using Gervais 'irony'.

I was! Although I have those things so is it still irony...which was my point, in a circle of life styleee.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ December 10 2008, 8:40 PM GMT

It's nice to be agreeing with you one something for once Aaron, we usually are at odds. And we both really like Outnumbered as well. Maybe 2009 will be a good year for us. :D

Perhaps it will!

I doubt it. But perhaps.

Quote: Pete @ December 10 2008, 8:47 PM GMT

I was! Although I have those things so is it still irony...which was my point, in a circle of life styleee.

Yeah I got it, you were doing the same thing Gervais was doing with this "I've got Emmys". :)

Gervais actually says in his blog that he wasn't joking about thinking the British Comedy Awards are beneath him.

Quote: Aaron @ December 10 2008, 8:59 PM GMT

Perhaps it will!

I doubt it. But perhaps.

:D

2009 is going to be the best year for comedy. Why? Because hopefully a lot of it will be written by BSG people! :) If any of you do make it to the BCA stage, you do know you have to advertise the website on prime-time TV by repeatedly shouting out the URL until they drag you off?!?... it's in the membership small print ;)