I read the news today oh boy! Page 687

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ February 24 2012, 9:29 PM GMT

Yahweh was not above setting fire to leaves, iirc.

He never smoked the bush.

I Googled. It's not a smoking afficionados site :(

Do wah?

fags.com Disappointed

Smoking can lead to you joining the Vietcong.

Is the shirt and tie free with the army uniform?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/feb/24/london-underground-explorers-security-services

Silly, silly TFL. Reintroducing this issue just reminds people how very cool it would be to go exploring

Quote: AJGO @ February 25 2012, 11:37 AM GMT

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/feb/24/london-underground-explorers-security-services

Silly, silly TFL. Reintroducing this issue just reminds people how very cool it would be to go exploring

I'm fascinated by these ghost stations. Have you read Neil Gaiman's 'Neverwhere'? It's set amongst the tube stations - the stations are personified. There was a series too, it's online. Great fun, makes tube trips much more interesting!

EDIT: amazed to discover that the series can be bought! Remember trying to track it down a few years ago and all I could find was an upload taken from a VHS home-recording.

:) Ooh will now research, Ta Harridan.

Bit pointless really, seeing as you can go and visit the disused Aldwych tube on open days...

:D But then it's not all spooky and secret

True. But there are people dressed up like the war!

Laughing out loud Looking nervous in a St. Pauls-inspired copper acetate-coloured ballroom gown?

Quote: Harridan @ February 25 2012, 11:42 AM GMT

I'm fascinated by these ghost stations. Have you read Neil Gaiman's 'Neverwhere'? It's set amongst the tube stations - the stations are personified. There was a series too, it's online. Great fun, makes tube trips much more interesting!

EDIT: amazed to discover that the series can be bought! Remember trying to track it down a few years ago and all I could find was an upload taken from a VHS home-recording.

That is a very groovy book. Declined to watch series because I don't want someone else's imagining of it in my head

That Nelson Mandela has just had another operation, the old buzzard just refuses to die.

I bet his kids are getting pissed off, Nelson's got a few quid and by the time they get the inheritance, they'll be nearly dead themselves.

Quote: zooo @ February 25 2012, 11:54 AM GMT

Bit pointless really, seeing as you can go and visit the disused Aldwych tube on open days...

One of the Bell ringers that I know, used to use a disused part of Aldwych as a research laboratory when she was a student.