I read the news today oh boy! Page 683

Quote: Harridan @ February 22 2012, 1:22 PM GMT

So you think it was an intentional move to stamp out a behaviour that middle class people found distasteful in working class people?

Posh people smoke too.

Anyway, banning smoking in public buildings seems a good thing. Maybe there could be some sheltered area where smokers can then indulge their habit, but otherwise that bit seems fair enough.

Quote: Harridan @ February 22 2012, 1:22 PM GMT

So you think it was an intentional move to stamp out a behaviour that middle class people found distasteful in working class people?

Without a doubt. The ban was introduced to try and remove a nuisance rather then any form of health improvement. Patrica Hewitt acted in a unilateral fashion based on her own prejudices.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 22 2012, 1:22 PM GMT

Germany has overtuned their smoking ban, the Dutch largely ignore it and the Spanish introduced rules over which pubs are allowed. Besides, Scottish and Irish pubs have plenty of room for beer gardens and stand alone structures, in the middle of London, you are forced to go outside.

I'm glad that smoking has been banned on public transport and restaurants - but pubs are places that sell poison - it's like saying you don't want to smell pot when you are buying your heroin.

Yeah but here is the thing.... Nobody has ever got secondary drunk.

If you choose to poison your own body, that's one thing but why should someone else have to suffer as a result?

Quote: Harridan @ February 22 2012, 9:15 AM GMT

I prefer partners of a certain gender, not a certain genitalia. I don't fancy men, I don't fancy women, I fancy those people over there, and sometimes they are men and somettimes they are women and sometimes they're both and sometimes they're neither.

I dislike the term "partner" when it's used to mean "sexual partner" but I like the rest of what you say.

Yes, a smoke and a pint go hand in hand, even I am occasionally tempted, and don't mind a one to one with a smoker, but there does need to be a choice for both.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 22 2012, 1:22 PM GMT

but pubs are places that sell poison - it's like saying you don't want to smell pot when you are buying your heroin.

But they're there to sell beer, they're not smoking houses.

Quote: Kenneth @ February 22 2012, 1:26 PM GMT

I dislike the term "partner" when it's used to mean "sexual partner" but I like the rest of what you say.

Saying the word 'lover' makes people want to vomit!

Someone call the fire brigade.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 22 2012, 1:24 PM GMT

Posh people smoke too.

Anyway, banning smoking in public buildings seems a good thing. Maybe there could be some sheltered area where smokers can then indulge their habit, but otherwise that bit seems fair enough.

It's not fair enough, it's completely unfair. Bashing smokers is an acceptable form of bigotry in this country. I don't want to subject non-smokers to my smoke, but neither do I want to be forced to stand in the cold like a pariah.

Of course, this all changes in the summer, when the whiny anti-smoking fagtards wander out into the beer garden for the first time in 9 months and start complaining about the smoke. Twunts.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 22 2012, 1:28 PM GMT

It's not fair enough, it's completely unfair. Bashing smokers is an acceptable form of bigotry in this country. I don't want to subject non-smokers to my smoke, but neither do I want to be forced to stand in the cold like a pariah.

You do have it tough you smokers! Get a sense of perspective, Smokey Smokerson.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 22 2012, 1:28 PM GMT

Of course, this all changes in the summer, when the whiny anti-smoking fagtards wander out into the beer garden for the first time in 9 months and start complaining about the smoke. Twunts.

I suppose the difference is that few people die from exposure trying to have a fag but people do die from second hand smoke.

Quote: Harridan @ February 22 2012, 1:27 PM GMT

Saying the word 'lover' makes people want to vomit!

Hence why the westcounty is waist deep in carrot chunks.

ALRIGHT MY LOVER!! Sick :O

Quote: Rooface @ February 22 2012, 1:25 PM GMT

If you choose to poison your own body, that's one thing but why should someone else have to suffer as a result?

They wouldn't have to suffer if we had proper smoking and anti-smoking areas, properly delineated and well ventilated. Again, if you are poisoning yourself voluntarily with alcohol (or worse), then you can't get on your high horse claiming another legal product is unacceptable.

Personally, I think they should ban coffee, it tastes disgusting and is bad for you. Because I don't like coffee, this automatically makes me correct.

Quote: Harridan @ February 22 2012, 1:30 PM GMT

I suppose the difference is that few people die from exposure trying to have a fag but people do die from second hand smoke.

This.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 22 2012, 1:30 PM GMT

Poor baby!

You do have it tough you smokers! Get a sense of perspective, Smokey Smokerson.

And the bigotry just rolls on in. Matthew Stott and hate crime, two great tastes that go together.

;)