I read the news today oh boy! Page 524

Sooty I hope I haven't upset you (I do tend to upset people on here that often that I wonder if its a comedy site)
I really do have a moral compass and I was joking about fat people ,you have to believe me as I have really strong feelings when it comes to fair play (Except for the Welsh)

Quote: sootyj @ August 26 2011, 5:03 PM BST

You're doing the classic thing of all bullies of identifying the mysterious sinister "other"

Now I'm disappointed too, thought you were able to better debate than retorting to calling people bullies when they have repeatedly stated, in posts you haven't quoted, their sympathy for anyone with medical issues and their hope that what comes across in typed form isn't read as offensive or persecuting.

It is a fact that a certain amount of space is allocated in wards due to fire risks. I didn't have the relevant proportions and statistics and thanked you when you provided them.

It wasn't my aim to categorise obesity patients as 'other' when I talked about hidden effects to patients being treated for other things, and I apologise that it came across that way. I was thinking also of obesity patients who are receiving treatment for other issues, related or otherwise, who may be at risk of not receiving appropriate care if medical funding isn't forthcoming. I should have made that clearer.

I certainly didn't mean to sound bitchy when I wrote about 'people unable to moderate their intake'. I actually have a lot of empathy for people who for psychological or physical reasons overeat, or are unable to exercise, or who find losing weight difficult, and I would be appalled if I or anyone else dismissed any individual or bmi group like this.

That I am able to have compassion for everyone listed in your earlier post doesn't mean that we as members of society can ignore that it looks like due to underfunding and various health trends, people may not get the treatment they are entitled to. Which, just to be clear, I think is a bad thing, for all concerned

Of course the easiest solution would be special hospitals for the obese wouldn't you say?

Wouldn't want them taking space set aside for people with just normal conditions now would we.

Of course you can't be prejudiced if you're just concerned about funding.

Funny I worked with homeless, I worked with people with mental health issues. I have friends in both categories.

It's delightful how often the same arguments old songs get sung to so many diferent tunes.

Quote: Chappers @ August 26 2011, 4:55 PM BST

Just heard an advert for Asda - I think. Apparently they have ethnic aisles.

Just in case you fancy a bit of Polish pork inside you . .

Come on Sooty, don't let it get to you, people have different opinions and values.
While I agree with your stance I do think you're failing to understand that there are some pretty heartless people out there and there always will be, just do your best and ignore the rest.

Quote: sootyj @ August 26 2011, 5:47 PM BST

Of course the easiest solution would be special hospitals for the obese wouldn't you say?

Wouldn't want them taking space set aside for people with just normal conditions now would we.

Of course you can't be prejudiced if you're just concerned about funding.

Funny I worked with homeless, I worked with people with mental health issues. I have friends in both categories.

It's delightful how often the same arguments old songs get sung to so many diferent tunes.

Who said that?! Not me, not anyone on this thread.
In how many different ways do you want it stated that the opposite of prejudice is intended, and that the concern about funding incorporates every patient?
I also have friends and relations with mental health issues and housing issues, as well as obesity and health issues. You don't have a monopoly on trying to stick up for vulnerable people, and I'm baffled as to how me and you are arguing since sticking up for the right of every person to receive adequate care is exactly what I'm trying to do in my concern that a huge variety of people won't be receiving it (not due to the fault of anyone but the government budget).
In calling me a bully and prejudiced you're adding to an environment of hate and unfairness, and I don't know what you're implying by this

but if you're accusing me of bullying or hate speech elsewhere, please be more specific so I can address any unintentional meaning in my remarks

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ August 26 2011, 5:49 PM BST

Come on Sooty, don't let it get to you, people have different opinions and values.
While I agree with your stance I do think you're failing to understand that there are some pretty heartless people out there and there always will be, just do your best and ignore the rest.

Hope that's not referring to anyone on here

Just heard Government has banned the National Front march for 30 days, that could have been very nasty this weekend with Notting Hill Carnival.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14683133

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ August 26 2011, 12:36 PM BST

This is a comedy site Sooty and to date you have been one of the few who actually posts funny items

And for that reason I am out.

Could you expand on that Marc I am not seeing the point, sorry if I'm a bit dim.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ August 26 2011, 10:30 PM BST

Could you expand on that Marc I am not seeing the point, sorry if I'm a bit dim.

I am saying that Sootyj is a talentless unfunny f**ker obviously! Unless I'm not.

Quote: Marc P @ August 26 2011, 10:38 PM BST

I am saying that Sootyj is a talentless sexy unfunny hard f**ker obviously! I'm hot.

MarcP not infront of the children!

Hey Marc are you a bit fruity? Cos if you are I'd consider a date..

Quote: Marc P @ August 26 2011, 10:28 PM BST

And for that reason I am out.

Steady fella

Lovey

I can only apologise Marc, but I struggle with some posts on this site.
I find it hard to decipher some actual meanings. I have a decent command of the language in a spoken sense but not spelling or grammar, so it leaves me slightly puzzled. Am I reading certain stuff wrongly due to my poor punctuation etc or is it cultural?

I have give it some thought and I think it could be down to the juxtaposition of two cultural traits, on one hand I am crass and insensitive whilst on the other there seems to be a degree of exaggerated politeness in certain posts and for me it blurs the edges of the comment making it hard for me to decipher.

I could be totally wrong of course which would mean that I am thick as pig shit, either way could you beef up your posts as though your talking to a village idiot from Bosnia who has just jumped off the back of a left hand drive lorry and landed at your feet, it would really help me.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ August 26 2011, 10:59 PM BST

I can only apologise Marc, but I struggle with some posts on this site.
I find it hard to decipher some actual meanings. I have a decent command of the language in a spoken sense but not spelling or grammar, so it leaves me slightly puzzled. Am I reading certain stuff wrongly due to my poor punctuation etc or is it cultural?

I have give it some thought and I think it could be down to the juxtaposition of two cultural traits, on one hand I am crass and insensitive whilst on the other there seems to be a degree of exaggerated politeness in certain posts and for me it blurs the edges of the comment making it hard for me to decipher.

I could be totally wrong of course which would mean that I am thick as pig shit, either way could you beef up your posts as though your talking to a village idiot from Bosnia who has just jumped off the back of a left hand drive lorry and landed at your feet, it would really help me.

Do you really mind if I don't Teddy? Some of my posts are beefed up when the content is explanation based, if you will. Sometimes as above they are throw away 'funny' lines.