I read the news today oh boy! Page 523

Quote: sootyj @ August 26 2011, 3:33 PM BST

Teddy if you convince yourself then I wish the two of you a long and happy life together,

Also, no offence to the wilfully exagerrated posts of TP, but I don't think that my looking at a sociological issue from different perspectives in an attempt to find a genuinely useful way to engage with this matter is quite the same

You sound like Melvyn Bragg on Charlie!

Quote: AJGO @ August 26 2011, 3:55 PM BST

Also, no offence to the wilfully exagerrated posts of TP, but I don't think that my looking at a sociological issue from different perspectives in an attempt to find a genuinely useful way to engage with this matter is quite the same

Sorry ever now then I guess I feel the urge to call a spade a f**king spade.

Blame a long week at work or my hormones etc.

But the "undeserving sick" is every bit as pernicious as the "undeserving poor" argument.

Add to the list; single people (who'll take care of them?), elderly people with no children or who lost relationships with them (same argument), people with inherited genetic conditions who have kids, people who like dangerous sports, those who don't eat enough fruit and veg, people who wear restrictive clothes, canabis smokers, people who are promiscuos and people who aren't, people with stressful jobs, people with dangerous jobs, people who use mobile phones, people who cross the road to often and people who like heavy metal.

All of whom run the risk of taking more than their fair share from the NHS pot.

So everytime this particular canard starts to quack it pisses me off.

Seriously.

And it always starts with "I was just thinking" or it's "a diferent perspective."

But it's the same bullshit in a diferent tin. And when sensible people start talking like this, then it's time to worry.

Quote: sootyj @ August 26 2011, 3:09 PM BST

Every now and then this forum does manage to disapoint me.

Still picking on the overweight is a slight improvement of the previous prediliction for racism.

I do sometimes wonder why some people bother posting. At times the fashion for rape jokes, moaning about female comics, racist jokes and all the other dreary typage. Well is it as little fun to type it as it is to read it?

Sootyj Why the disappointment? A lively discussion on todays news as
stated on thread title.

AJGO and I are not 'getting at' the overweight we are trying to find solutions to this problem, that is why 'we bother' posting.
As far as the fashion for moaning about rape jokes,female comics and 'dreary' typage, well that is just your opinion and you have contributed to these threads.

I do not understand the remark that you are disappointed by AJGO in particular,
that implies all other posters regulary offend, that I find unfair.

Because Dellas no offence.

I don't really expect alot from you based on your previous postings.

Quote from Simon Cowell:-

"Cheryl Cole was like Princess Diana."

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

A car crash that's always in the news?

:O Offence taken, that is unfair and do you believe all your posts are amazing
and never boring?.

No not at all.

Quote: sootyj @ August 26 2011, 4:18 PM BST

Sorry ever now then I guess I feel the urge to call a spade a f**king spade.

Blame a long week at work or my hormones etc.

But the "undeserving sick" is every bit as pernicious as the "undeserving poor" argument.

Add to the list; single people (who'll take care of them?), elderly people with no children or who lost relationships with them (same argument), people with inherited genetic conditions who have kids, people who like dangerous sports, those who don't eat enough fruit and veg, people who wear restrictive clothes, canabis smokers, people who are promiscuos and people who aren't, people with stressful jobs, people with dangerous jobs, people who use mobile phones, people who cross the road to often and people who like heavy metal.

All of whom run the risk of taking more than their fair share from the NHS pot.

So everytime this particular canard starts to quack it pisses me off.

Seriously.

And it always starts with "I was just thinking" or it's "a diferent perspective."

But it's the same bullshit in a diferent tin. And when sensible people start talking like this, then it's time to worry.

I really don't see that I've posted anything you could shout 'f**king spade' at. Genuinely sorry if I've offended, but from the rest of your post I actually don't see how we disagree, I've said nothing to imply that anyone in the world is 'undeserving sick', and looking at things from the different perspective that the situation may change in future from the perspective of what it currently is where predictions are being made by medical scientists, is hardly equivalent to stating a hateful personal opinion then trying to pass it off as playing devils advocate.

But thanks, pleased that I sidle in under 'sensible people' category and that I was previously held in high enough esteem to have unintentionally disappointed you

Quote: AJGO @ August 26 2011, 11:48 AM BST

and possibly will result in other patients taking longer to be admitted as there is limited space allocated on wards due to fire hazards, etc.

Quote: Chappers @ August 26 2011, 4:38 PM BST

Quote from Simon Cowell:-

"Cheryl Cole was like Princess Diana."

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Was like?

Wassappened to 'er?

Quote: AJGO @ August 26 2011, 1:55 PM BST

meaning that there are hidden knock on effects to patients being treated for other things.

[quote name="AJGO" post="802149" date="August 26 2011, 11:48 AM BST"]
But also, no, because only smokers smoke and agree to the price that is set, but lots of people enjoy chocolate or junk food in moderation and shouldn't be made to pay a huge increase because some people aren't able to moderate their intake.

Just heard an advert for Asda - I think. Apparently they have ethnic aisles.

You're doing the classic thing of all bullies of identifying the mysterious sinister "other"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-14669203

The actual original story seems more than reasonable. And the government seems to be looking to treat obesity rather than just the symptons which is laudably sensible.

And junk food has needed a similar treatment to cigarettes, alcohol and hopefully as marijuana for years. It's statistically more addictive and more health damaging.

Quote: Chappers @ August 26 2011, 4:55 PM BST

Just heard an advert for Asda - I think. Apparently they have ethnic aisles.

Maybe comedians should go on holiday to the Scilly Isles.