I read the news today oh boy! Page 520

Quote: Nogget @ August 25 2011, 5:34 PM BST

OK, well I suppose it depends on whether you've had more cocks than chips in your mouth.

Laughing out loud

Some absolute gold on the forum today

Quote: Oldrocker @ August 25 2011, 2:54 PM BST

Oh, feckin' joy !

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/aug/25/alex-ferguson-lifts-bbc-ban

Rolling eyes

He should've been forced to do it ages ago.

the BBC should tell him to f**k off

moaning old pillock

Seriously, I don't think I have ever read such a load of shit . . .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-14663564

How are those families still poor if each one receives £100,000 per year in assistance?

Quote: DaButt @ August 26 2011, 1:17 AM BST

How are those families still poor if each one receives £100,000 per year in assistance?

The article didn't say they've had anything yet, but that the plan is for private investors to be asked to give a bond of £100,000 per family.

Quote: Oldrocker @ August 26 2011, 1:09 AM BST

Seriously, I don't think I have ever read such a load of shit . . .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-14663564

What's your objection?

Quote: DaButt @ August 26 2011, 1:17 AM BST

That's everything from actual benefits to foster care, social services or even I would assume the cost of prison.

You'd probably find your poor types are as expensive.

That said the minimun standards and flexibility of the welfare state is getting a bit silly.

:( Please do not forget the tax evaders that cost the budget millions!

Also what about a the health scientists predicting a 40% rise in obesity, do you think a 'fat-tax' on food would improve health and provide much needed funds to NHS?

I watched a program once about some man who was 78 stone and was spread over two beds. They had all kinds of experts round him trying to get his weight down, all to no avail.

At one point they had a Viennese psychiatry team trying to fathom out his mind set, all in all it must have cost hundreds of thousands of pounds to treat him.

The sad thing was all he need to do was rip the leg off an old sturdy chair and then hide behind the door and wait for the real problem to come back from the shops with the fat bastards six pizza breakfast!

Feeders are worst than the eaters, fat bastards will only get fatter if you go for their grub for them. Imprison the feeders and the weight will drop off the fat bastards.

I hate sounding radical but all fast food outlets should be banned from home deliveries and the doors of all their shops should be made smaller to keep fat people out. (Handicap people in wheelchairs could use the drive through window)

Then there should be a law that anyone classed as obese should be handcuffed to a treadmill that is set on full blast, you could have soon to be released prisoners mopping the sweat up.

I also think that anyone caught buying food for them outside takeaways should be placed under a door and then the fat bastard should be made to sit on the door until the person underneath is dead.

But will the government listen to me? will they hell!

Quote: Nogget @ August 26 2011, 5:55 AM BST

The article didn't say they've had anything yet, but that the plan is for private investors to be asked to give a bond of £100,000 per family.

That's incorrect. It clearly states that each family uses 100k per year in benefits. That's ludicrous.

Are you with the Tea Party?

I don't think I've consumed more than an ounce of tea in my lifetime. It's vile stuff.

Steady now, we English will not have tea being demeaned by a colonial, I suggest you temper your retorts!

I agree with your sentiment Paddy, something must be done I really worry about a couple of my mates, one has diabetes and the other recently had a heart attack at 48! both not 'obese' but a bit overweight and like a pint.

Are you a 'skinny' moaner? I am average meaning within the BMI target.

I am big and greedy I'm just not consistent in my views.