I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,716

Comparing it to mass genocide now then. Well done you sensible person.

Did she get caught talking about Boris

🤣🤣🤣

Hilarious!

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 7th December 2023, 7:36 AM

Comparing it to mass genocide now then. Well done you sensible person.

Not sure he mentioned mass genocide.
But the blaming of 'others' was/is very much a tactic of Populist/Nationalist regimes.
It's always someone else's fault.
If they're a different colour/religion - all the better.

It's slightly embarrassing how obsessed the British government is with this Rwanda policy, as if it will single-handedly solve the immigration problem and every other problem they have.

Quote: Lazzard @ 7th December 2023, 9:44 AM

Not sure he mentioned mass genocide.
But the blaming of 'others' was/is very much a tactic of Populist/Nationalist regimes.
It's always someone else's fault.
If they're a different colour/religion - all the better.

Exactly

I would however hope that the British in the 21st century are above this sort of offensive rubbish

The polls hopefully do suggest this

Quote: chipolata @ 7th December 2023, 10:26 AM

It's slightly embarrassing how obsessed the British government is with this Rwanda policy, as if it will single-handedly solve the immigration problem and every other problem they have.

If it becomes the one issue that tears the Tory party to pieces- then it wont have all been totally in vain

Quote: chipolata @ 7th December 2023, 10:26 AM

They don't expect it to solve anything.
They 'hope' it will stem the flow of votes to Reform.
They tried it with rowing back on Green policies to assuage the Right after the Uxbridge by-election.
The needle didn't quiver - in fact Reform gained a point or two.
They know a vote for Reform is essentially a vote for a Labour.
Hence Rwanda.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 7th December 2023, 9:16 AM

Did she get caught talking about Boris

She's had to tweet an apology saying she was counting down to 'action.
What about her face though - she was meaning it.
Will it be on 'It'll be alright on the night?

Remember johnsons message about 'workshy' people needing to get back to work ?

Well during covid , he was too f**kin lazy to attend FIVE cobra meetings

You know, the emergency meetings held when there is a significant risk to national security ?

Not only is he a liar and a buffoon- he's a lazy bastard too

https://nitter.net/AdamBienkov/status/1732730632126480463#m

Twitter is rife with rumours that Michael Adebolajo, the horrific killer of Lee Rigby has been killed in prison.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 7th December 2023, 8:18 PM

Twitter is rife with rumours that Michael Adebolajo, the horrific killer of Lee Rigby has been killed in prison.

I wouldn't wish many people dead but I hope it's true.

Quote: Lazzard @ 7th December 2023, 10:53 AM

They don't expect it to solve anything.
They 'hope' it will stem the flow of votes to Reform.
They tried it with rowing back on Green policies to assuage the Right after the Uxbridge by-election.
The needle didn't quiver - in fact Reform gained a point or two.
They know a vote for Reform is essentially a vote for a Labour.
Hence Rwanda.

No, I get all that. But it's a high risk strategy because the Tory government have effectively given Reform UK a knife to gut them with, which they will gleefully do. And as much as I enjoy Tory woes, I worry that in the long term it might open the door to a more draconian hard-line right wing party in this country.

Many congratulations to Kevin Sinflield on the completion of his 7 in 7 in 7 Challenge for MND, a horrible, horrible disease that affected his Rugby league team mate Rob Burrow so dramatically.

When I see videos of super fit Rob at his height in the game he loved so much, and what he is reduced to now, it breaks my heart, and this video I cannot watch too many times as it is SO emotionally charged for me and I simply can't help breaking out in tears................

Quote: chipolata @ 8th December 2023, 6:28 AM

No, I get all that. But it's a high risk strategy because the Tory government have effectively given Reform UK a knife to gut them with, which they will gleefully do. And as much as I enjoy Tory woes, I worry that in the long term it might open the door to a more draconian hard-line right wing party in this country.

Not sure that's a danger(yet).
That'll come if/when the Tory party splits in Opposition ie if the right-wing of the party join up with Reform.
Even then you'd have two medium sized parties - that without electoral reform - would struggle against Labour or any Progressive Alliance.
Personally I'd like to see a Centrist(ish) Tory Party, as they might be easier to work with.
Many of them are horrified by the current direction the party is taking.