I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,714

I'm not outraged Ste I just don't like people like Johnson pissing down my back and then telling me that its raining.
As it stands both Sunak and Johnson have lost their Whats App from the period in question what are the odds of the two most senior politicians both being unable to use a mobile phone properly?
I would love to see his face if senior management from Whats App were there sitting there in body warmers with their corporate logos on.
I hope they have put a man on the toilet window in case the lying bastard gets cornered then asks to go to the toilet and flees out of the window .
Then again he came in early so I suspect he has ordered a fridge freezer from AO to be next to him so he can run into that like a Tardis for lying bastards.

I lost all my WhatsApp pictures and chats. My phone broke and the new one wouldn't retrieve them. It happens.

Have you considered going there and tell the inquiry that as it may serve to clear him?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 6th December 2023, 7:03 AM

Pile of crap everyday items thrown together by Britain hating lefty wins Turner Prize again shock.

Total bollocks.
(The art - not your comment)

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 6th December 2023, 8:52 AM

I see de Pfeffel is getting a 2 day grilling from today.

The permanently outraged will be along shortly.

Amazing that anyone wouldn't be outraged by what happened.

Quote: Lazzard @ 6th December 2023, 10:07 AM

Total bollocks.
(The art )

Couldn't agree more - I was flabbergasted (or shouldn't have been) at that utter load of crap. What happened to art? It all went downhill from Tracey Emin's bed, but you see this sort of thing creeping in the Royal Academy of Arts Summer Exhibition, and wonder what the F they are thinking.

And while I'm on this soap-box - I do seriously wonder what is going through the minds of the three judges on Sky Arts "Portrait Artist of the Year" competition, when they pick dross that bears little relationship to the sitter to go through.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 6th December 2023, 10:40 AM

Couldn't agree more - I was flabbergasted (or shouldn't have been) at that utter load of crap. What happened to art? It all went downhill from Tracey Emin's bed, but you see this sort of thing creeping in the Royal Academy of Arts Summer Exhibition, and wonder what the F they are thinking.

And while I'm on this soap-box - I do seriously wonder what is going through the minds of the three judges on Sky Arts "Portrait Artist of the Year" competition, when they pick dross that bears little relationship to the sitter to go through.

Well, I'd have to agree with you on Portait Artist as they didn't pick my daughters painting when she was on it a few years back!

I like some of Emin's work - and other 'conceptual' stuff.
But this thing just looked like an angsty Sixth-former's set-design for a 'right-on' school play.
The judges spend too much time worrying about whether they'll look hip enough and whether the artist is 'on trend'.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 6th December 2023, 7:03 AM

Pile of crap everyday items thrown together by Britain hating lefty wins Turner Prize again shock.

Saw it in person, along with the other entries, when it was on display at the Towner Gallery in Eastbourne when I was there a couple of weeks ago for a "Turkey & Tinsel" break.

I thought the barriers were put there to keep me out.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 6th December 2023, 10:50 AM

Perhaps that was the double purpose to stop disgruntled people from kicking the whole mess about to see if they can make it more arty.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 6th December 2023, 10:50 AM

Was it you who leant on them, Billy (after a particularly sturdy Turkey dinner)?
Because some of them looked really bent out of shape.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 6th December 2023, 9:55 AM

I'm not outraged Ste I just don't like people like Johnson pissing down my back and then telling me that its raining.
As it stands both Sunak and Johnson have lost their Whats App from the period in question what are the odds of the two most senior politicians both being unable to use a mobile phone properly?
I would love to see his face if senior management from Whats App were there sitting there in body warmers with their corporate logos on.
I hope they have put a man on the toilet window in case the lying bastard gets cornered then asks to go to the toilet and flees out of the window .
Then again he came in early so I suspect he has ordered a fridge freezer from AO to be next to him so he can run into that like a Tardis for lying bastards.

"The dead can't hear your apology" is the sign bereaved families held up at the start of Boris Johnson's evidence

Quote: lofthouse @ 6th December 2023, 11:43 AM

"The dead can't hear your apology" is the sign bereaved families held up at the start of Boris Johnson's evidence

One of the few benefits of being dead.

He literally looks like someone has plonked a damp floor mop over his head

Other than Boris and his cohorts were and are terrible, are we learning any lessons from this that will leave us better prepared to cope with the next pandemic?

Quote: lofthouse @ 6th December 2023, 11:52 AM

He literally looks like someone has plonked a damp floor mop over his head