I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,711

I enjoy your posts lofthouse, as clearly others do.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 1st December 2023, 7:07 PM

We get tired of your constant maniacal posts.
You are a queer fellow.

'That's like going into a guitar shop and seeing as sign saying guitar lessons and saying "But we don't f**king want guitar lessons ! " ' Ricky Gervase.

Different folks, different strokes. Plenty of other threads on here for you SG.

It's cool Firkin!

He clearly gets weary of having to deal with the reality that he blindly follows probably the worst government in British history

And he can't even offer any meaningful defence of what , to anyone with eyes , is a total and utter shit show

It must get him down , I can see that to be fair...

This government gets a lot of people down, which is why we need to joke about it. We don't want to scare the funny, "queer" or interesting people away, it's a comedy site.

It doesn't get Steve down, he would be more than happy for this bunch of clowns to carry on wrecking this country for another 13 years

What gets him down, is that he doesn't like being constantly reminded how appalling they are by people like me

Which is great fun for me 😋🤩

Oh and BTW, I am definitely not queer

I once touched a woman's boob, so I can't be

No matter how bad our politicians are America always seems to go one better

This George Santos creature...

holy f**k

What a slimey, sleazy, despicable arsehole

He even makes Bojo look like Mother f**kin Teresa

Quote: Chappers @ 30th November 2023, 8:25 PM

Doesn't that Omid Scobie have the most slapable of faces? Has he started shaving yet?

He is 42.

You make a lot of assumptions about my political allegiances.
Whereas I, have never stated them.

How can anyone on the Daily Mail call themselves a journalist? All week the Covid Inquiry has shown how our elected officials actions / in actions caused the death of thousands of citizens and yet they have in the main not only ignored it. But they have also given out a total non story about a bunch of racist royal people who also apparently rob the dead.
Real journalist are needed now more than ever as there is a constant struggle to expose the truth when faced with off shore billionaires owning the press and its readers bending over backwards to support their lies to the the hilt.
Could someone on here give me one example of good governance from the Tories since they came to power?

🤔

er.....

We left the EU and are doing better than most countries still in.
Pumped money into the NHS and raised the minimum wage.

Ya know - raised living standards in general.

Covid is gone or at least no massive threat,,,,
So it's pointless raking over old coals.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 2nd December 2023, 11:20 AM

So it's pointless raking over old coals.

There will be other threats very similar to Covid.
It would be nice to be better prepared - because we really weren't
The fact that it shows the government of the day to be a pretty lacklustre, self-interested and faintly crooked bunch is merely a side-show.
And hardly news, if we're honest.

Yeah those pandemics are always happening.
The plague then the Spanish flu and recently Covid
You do right to be cautious.

Oh yes the minimum wage, good point

Of course when Labour said they were going to introduce a national minimum wage when in opposition- the tories were 100% against it and insisted it would cause mass unemployment...

Which was bollocks of course

Raised living standards? Yours maybe

"LONDON, March 15 (Reuters) - Britain remains on track for a record fall in living standards over the two years to the end of March 2024, despite an upward revision to growth forecasts, the Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR) said on Wednesday."

The UK's poorest families have endured a "frightening" collapse in living standards over the past year as a result of soaring energy and food prices, with nearly two-thirds experiencing extreme levels of poverty and deprivation, a survey has found.
The annual survey of frontline poverty and social services professionals by the Buttle UK charity reported unparalleled concern about the prevalence and consequences of hunger and mental illness in struggling and vulnerable families affected by the rising cost of living.
This year's survey had received some of the most distressing accounts of children in need it had ever seen, the charity said. "We are talking not just about significant hardship but life-changing and life-limiting deep poverty."

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 2nd December 2023, 11:37 AM

Yeah those pandemics are always happening.
The plague then the Spanish flu and recently Covid
You do right to be cautious.

There were several near misses before Covid.
Bird Flu was of a particular worry, and still is.
And the increasing proximity of man and nature makes these things more likely rather than less.
And so, if we had been more cautious, as you sarcastically suggest, we would have been better prepared for Covid 19.
Saved lives etc etc.
But let's not frighten the horses, eh?

Meeting adjourned.