I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,717

Fishy didn't mention this at his little lecturn did he?

"The UK has given Rwanda a further £100m this year as part of its deal to relocate asylum seekers there.

The payment was made in April, the Home Office's top civil servant said in a letter to MPs, after £140m had already been sent to the African nation.

Sir Matthew Rycroft said another payment of £50m was expected next year."

That will be three hundred million pounds on this utter bullshit unlawful, unworkable load of old cobblers

It's literally like they don't give a f**k anymore, Labour will probably be in power a year from now, so it's not our money or our problem - it will be Labour's - f**k it

And yet they insist that there is no more money for nurses or teachers

Absolute shower of bastards

Something to be proud of, London has been voted one of the safest cities in the world to travel to in 2024. That should help our economy. We scored highly on respecting diversity. Well done Labour's Sadiq Khan for getting us up into the top 10. I expect him working with Boris to oust Ms Dick Commissioner of the Met Police can only have helped.
* Source: it's in a lot of nationals, so chose your own source. Here's the top 10:
1. Honolulu
2.Montreal
3.Reykjavik
4.Sydney
5.Amsterdam
6.Dubai
7.Copenhagen
8.London
9.Seoul
10.Venice

But the Tory lady standing for mayor says London is crawling with thousands of thieves and muggers and murderers and rapists

She even had her own purse stolen

Except she didn't - a fellow Londoner found it and handed it in - cash n cards including

P.s. she's removed the word "Conservative Party" from her campaign leaflets!

😂😂

DONATE NOW PLEASE!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th December 2023, 9:12 AM

Many congratulations to Kevin Sinflield on the completion of his 7 in 7 in 7 Challenge for MND, a horrible, horrible disease that affected his Rugby league team mate Rob Burrow so dramatically.

When I see videos of super fit Rob at his height in the game he loved so much, and what he is reduced to now, it breaks my heart, and this video I cannot watch too many times as it is SO emotionally charged for me and I simply can't help breaking out in tears................

https://fundraising.mndassociation.org/event/7-in-7-challenge/home

DONATE NOW PLEASE!

What is both farcical and sinister is that the right wing of this country are now awaiting on the outcome of an Ant & Dec show where people sit on logs and eat kangaroo dicks to see who should lead it?
The idea seemingly being that if Farage wins that he could win an election especially as like Brexit they foisted on us, they can cheat and lie in doing it.
GB News a channel in massive debt with unknown backers has had a QS code in the corner of its screen offering its viewers 5 free votes for Farage so just like Brexit the fix is already in. And it will be projected as 'The Will of the People'. Without mentioning the fact that he lives with a French woman and his kids have Euro passports
Meanwhile the Daily Mail a bastion of English sovereignty that is registered in Bermuda and pays no UK taxes and is owned by a French man has lined up an American born Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson to come back and f**k even more stuff up,
They are both set on usurping the former non dom Green Card, carrying son of immigrants who leads their party.
The others in contention are also people of immigration heritage who spend their days promising to pull up the ladder that saved their families

Can those who so vehemently oppose it please articulate what is so heinous with processing asylum seekers' claims in Rwanda (or I suspect any other country)? As I for one don't get the hostility for it. Ta in advance and morning.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 10th December 2023, 10:43 AM

Can those who so vehemently oppose it please articulate what is so heinous with processing asylum seekers' claims in Rwanda (or I suspect any other country)? As I for one don't get the hostility for it. Ta in advance and morning.

It is not a safe country.
They have a poor record on processing.
There is very little legal representation for the asylum seekers.
They have been known to send 'at risk' asylum seekers back to their country of origin - thus deemed unsafe.
The most they have said they can deal with is 500 - it won't even begin to solve the problem.
It is purely an act of performative cruelty to stop people shifting their vote to Reform.
And if processing in a foreign country is a good idea - why don't the government set up the already suggested processing in France?
Because it's not cruel enough, that's why.

Sunak now seems to be begging The Labour Party to vote for his idiotic scheme

Cos he knows if not enough Tories go for it - the bill, and himself, are toast

Yeah well, good luck with that Fishy ✌️🤣

I see no families arriving - just men.
What is their purpose? They can't work, they can't buy/rent a house.
Never mind Riwanda isn't safe, it's fast becoming unsafe here.

Perhaps you should move to Rwanda, SG.
You know, for your own safety?

And they can work, rent etc - once they've been processed
Then - if they are deemed genuine - they can begin to contribute.
But currently, that's taking up to three years thanks to a deliberately under-funded system.

Quote: Lazzard @ 10th December 2023, 11:19 AM

They have a poor record on processing.
There is very little legal representation for the asylum seekers.
They have been known to send 'at risk' asylum seekers back to their country of origin - thus deemed unsafe.
The most they have said they can deal with is 500 - it won't even begin to solve the problem.
It is purely an act of performative cruelty to stop people shifting their vote to Reform.
And if processing in a foreign country is a good idea - why don't the government set up the already suggested processing in France?

It is (I read) one of the safest and richest African countries.
The extra hundreds of millions we're continuing to give them are to facilitate their processing and security, with British judges and admin.
Why is it cruel to send illegal entrants to the UK that all the evidence tells us mostly want to come here to work whether legally or not, to another country? It is simply calling their bluff. If they are genuinely fleeing persecution, they will still come here, as any time away from war and peril in whatever country would obviously be better than staying there.
If they don't come anymore, then they obviously aren't as unsafe as they make out.
Ask the French why they won't allow processing in France. I think it may have something to do with EU law, namely the Dublin Regulation saying asylum seekers applying for asylum in a country will if it's granted get asylum in that country only. France don't want anymore, they famously don't even want the ones they have already and the asylum seekers famously don't want asylum there, but here, hence the hundreds of thousands arriving in boats. It's well documented in all papers except maybe The Guardian.

It's all irrelevant now anyway

The enemies Sunak has in his party are going to deliberately scupper the whole thing because they know it will finish him off too

They want that scruffy tub of dripping back in number 10

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 10th December 2023, 11:34 AM

I see no families arriving - just men.
What is their purpose? They can't work, they can't buy/rent a house.
Never mind Riwanda isn't safe, it's fast becoming unsafe here.

And not just Albanians from a safe country but now Romanians and other EU citizens not allowed legal entry here anymore. Because, as reporters have proved they are earning more here on the black market than they ever could in their own countries. They are basically taking the piss out of us and most of us can see it and want it to stop. Hence the planned Rwanda scheme.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 10th December 2023, 10:43 AM

People escaping a country hit by war crimes, or persecuted for being gay in Russia, etc... are classified as vulnerable, as they often have PTSD and hence suffer from suicidal thoughts etc and easy to exploit. The courts noted Rowander has a well evidenced record of exploitation. It's not a crime to escape abuse, but it is sending them to Rowander as it breaks the Equalities & Disabilities Act 2010 (among many others). Do you want a government that breaks their own laws ? Our own Met Police had the worst track record on acknowledging they were breaking that Act. Immigrants' assumed "crime" doesn't warrant a death sentence, by proxy.

Our government subcontracts enough shame and blame as it is, whilst they focus on their expenses, "partygate" and building their Celebrity get me out of here, status. They need to start recognising their own laws.

Quote: Lazzard @ 10th December 2023, 11:19 AM

Quote: Lazzard @ 10th December 2023, 11:56 AM

Perhaps you should move to Rwanda, SG.
You know, for your own safety?

And they can work, rent etc - once they've been processed
Then - if they are deemed genuine - they can begin to contribute.
But currently, that's taking up to three years thanks to a deliberately under-funded system.

But Arsenal FC seem to think it's OK.