I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,544

Does MOTD really need Lineker and his pals anyway? Nobody watches it for their insight. Most people would rather watch the match action instead. It would be cheaper to put any Five Live sport presenter in his place.

That

The odd thing is, this was the BBC early on yesterday.
"We have spoken to Gary and he won't face any disciplinary action. From our perspective the situation has been resolved now and we want him to get back to what he's best at, which is being a brilliant sports presenter".
I wonder what changed?
Nothing screams '1930's Germany' like strong-arming the countries National broadcaster into toeing the party line.

Smash the unions, ban protesters, silence broadcasters who don't toe the line

Sieg heil! Sieg heil!

God it's comical.
We might be heading for another holocaust because there are perceived similarities.
And you are serious, that makes it funnier.
I blame the Vikings, they were boat people too, bringing their ginger gene and injecting it into the population.

This extreme right wing polarising government is forcing people who wouldn't normally rock the boat into action. The cruelty and cynicism of Braverman etc have touched a nerve in the generally compassionate British public, and more and more are saying "enough is enough!" Well done Lineker for standing up against them! Most people support him, I certainly do.

There was no point in seeking to convert the intellectuals. For intellectuals would never be converted and would anyway always yield to the stronger, and this will always be "the man in the street." Arguments must therefore be crude, clear and forcible, and appeal to emotions and instincts, not the intellect. Truth was unimportant and entirely subordinate to tactics and psychology.

Joseph Goebbels

Quote: beaky @ 11th March 2023, 1:11 PM

This extreme right wing polarising government is forcing people who wouldn't normally rock the boat into action..

I think this is the lesson here.
Come the day, we all have to pick a side.

Did you see Sunak with Macron?

Dude get a room

It's a bromance

I thought he would try and get his trousers down at one stage

I know these french like kissing on the cheeks n shit but jeez

I know you're giving him loads of cash, but you don't need to blow him too

Quote: lofthouse @ 11th March 2023, 1:58 PM

Did you see Sunak with Macron?

Dude get a room

It's a bromance

I thought he would try and get his trousers down at one stage

I know these french like kissing on the cheeks n shit but jeez

I know you're giving him loads of cash, but you don't need to blow him too

I think they're just both pleased to find someone their own height.

Quote: Lazzard @ 11th March 2023, 12:06 PM

The odd thing is, this was the BBC early on yesterday.
"We have spoken to Gary and he won't face any disciplinary action. From our perspective the situation has been resolved now and we want him to get back to what he's best at, which is being a brilliant sports presenter".
I wonder what changed?

It appears that nothing has changed - MotD is on tonight still sans pundits (Hooray!), but no Football Focus lunchtime or Final Score tea-time.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th March 2023, 2:42 PM

It appears that nothing has changed - MotD is on tonight still sans pundits (Hooray!), but no Football Focus lunchtime or Final Score tea-time.

Not sure you've read my post correctly.

I took "has been resolved now" meant it was, we're all good pals now as we've kissed and made up, and Gaz has promised not to be a naughty boy anymore.

How do you quote someone on this forum? There used to be a quote option but it seems to have disappeared. Anyway, big chuckle at Lazard's shortist joke.

Agreed, that's what they initially said.
But then, the very next day, they kicked him off MOD.
Something/someone persuaded them to change their position.