I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,542

Quote: Feeoree @ 10th March 2023, 5:44 PM

Apparently the Attenborough thing is inaccurate, and this episode wasn't meant for TV, and a separate film acquired for Iplayer. According to a statement from the BBC.

Is that a recent update? Because it certainly wasn't the case a couple of hours ago.
I'll have to check around.

EDIT
Just checked. It's a recent denial from the beeb, reacting to the story.
The people who made the documentary have a different story.

Alan Sugar once tweeted a photoshopped pic of Corbyn wearing a nazi uniform sat in a car with Hitler - you know, cos he wants all Jewish people dead

I bet the Daily Mail were outraged and demanded his immediate sacking from his BBC shows

Any footballer that stands in for Lineker and Ian Wright will be stabbing them in the back. I give Shearer till bed time to state his position on Twitter.
The Tories and the man they sold the BBC job to don't understand footballers. Lets be honest for working class lads the privacy of the boot room has in the main has been solid.
So I suspect just like Vardy refusing to enter the dock , whoever takes these seats will be beyond tarnished as will their ex clubs via terrace chants.

Beckham would do it in a heartbeat

Well, for about 5 million anyway

They're bound to find someone...

Quote: Lazzard @ 10th March 2023, 5:57 PM

They're bound to find someone...

That would be the dream team for the nutters sadly Johnson wouldn't do it because it doesn't pay enough and its not in cash and keeping Dorries sober on a Saturday night is a TV show on its own.

As Machiavelli would say:
What are the odds that on the day Rishi Sunak looks like he is making inroads toward a return to a form of Entente Cordiale with Europe a move that would have given him TV headlines today and the lead in the Saturday morning newspapers. Was then sidelined by the only story that could have done it. timed by a man who is beholden to Sunaks mortal enemy.
Shearer is out now , that seat will put the Lard seat on HIGNFY to shame as the nation will be gripped to see as its as political as it is sporting .

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 10th March 2023, 5:49 PM

Any footballer that stands in for Lineker and Ian Wright will be stabbing them in the back. I give Shearer till bed time to state his position on Twitter.
The Tories and the man they sold the BBC job to don't understand footballers. Lets be honest for working class lads the privacy of the boot room has in the main has been solid.
So I suspect just like Vardy refusing to enter the dock , whoever takes these seats will be beyond tarnished as will their ex clubs via terrace chants.

Shearer has since (after your post here) tweeted he's not doing it.

Maybe they'll just 'roll VT' with the commentators from the stadium haha. I too can't see many footballers taking tomorrow's show, and judging by Twitter, sports journos are in support of Lineker (dunno if they're in support of his comments, but certainly in support of him and his work).

EDIT: Ha, just saw you posted while I was writing this (re Shearer)

This could even go into the Prem as Guardiola and Klopp are both principled enough o refuse MOD interviews and many others many as well.

I hope Ant and Dec tweet something about the government so ITV can bin 'em the f**k off too

Very disappointing to see the angry snowflake brigade hounding another innocent individual out just for expressing their right to free speech.

I still can't believe he didn't get a red card for shitting on the pitch in Italia 90

Quote: Feeoree @ 10th March 2023, 6:59 PM

Maybe they'll just 'roll VT' with the commentators from the stadium haha.

Aaaand, that's what they're now doing.

Meh

I've not watched it since Bolton got relegated from the premier league anyway 😐🥺

They might change their minds when told their contracts will be cancelled.
Decide on a cushy, well-paying job with the BBC - or obscurity.

I actually don't care what he said (or wrote) free speech is supposed to work both ways but if it contravenes your job's terms of contract, then he's an idiot.
I wonder if he and his acolytes will be made to make a public apology. I do hope so.