I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,417

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 3rd June 2022, 2:02 PM

I heard boo's and I heard cheers. If any of you lot above were there, you'd be booing too.
So it means f**k all.

Were they saying Boo?

Or Boo-ris ?

Quote: Lazzard @ 3rd June 2022, 2:55 PM

Yes- but we wouldn't be there would we?
That's the whole point.
It was a Royalist, middle-England crowd - Tory heartland.

Yeah, this, at first I just thought "Oh it's Boris, he's just walking through a place with a crowd, of course he's getting booed" (though there were cheers too, just more boos), then I realised that yep, these are people that typically vote for him/tories.

Of course, some of the booers may not have been Tory voters (I don't know if they were going to St Pauls, but I know a few royal fans who were heading to the city today who hate Boris and don't vote Tory even without him in charge), but I'd say yeah, for a crowd to be there for royals, probably a lot would be.

Quote: Lazzard @ 3rd June 2022, 11:46 AM

Her values of integrity, hard work, loyalty, and an overwhelming desire to serve the nation.

That's the funniest thing I've ever read on these forums. Doesn't do f**k all except waste the tax payer's money. The Russians had the right idea.

She obviously doesn't give a toss about her eldest son

She does nothing, says next to nothing - and yet she could have let Charlie have a go about 20 years ago

But no she'd rather carry on until she's dust

I bet he hates the old sod

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 3rd June 2022, 4:58 PM

That's the funniest thing I've ever read on these forums. Doesn't do f**k all except waste the tax payer's money. The Russians had the right idea.

High praise indeed!
Total bollocks, but thanks, nonetheless.

Quote: lofthouse @ 3rd June 2022, 5:14 PM

She obviously doesn't give a toss about her eldest son

she could have let Charlie have ago about 20 years ago

But no she's rather carry on until she's dust

It shows she's got the wellbeing of this country at heart.

Quote: lofthouse @ 3rd June 2022, 2:22 PM

He did get covid and nearly died

So we were told. It was a remarkably quick recovery wasn't it.

What part do you not believe?
Honestly, you show yourself up?
Keep hiding behind that fake name and avatar and sprouting your idiotic conspiracies.

There's some hilarious gaslighting from the Back Boris Brigade on Twitter, saying the boos never happened.
To quote George Orwell - once again:
"And the Party told you reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command"

There's some truly catastrophic polling out about him as well. Literally every age group now heavily distrusts him. You don't come back from that as a politician.

Plus everything he does now is a PR disaster. In the last few days, he's been completely bodied in an interview with Mumsnet of all places, and then booed by the most Tory-friendly royalist patriotic middle England crowd you could hope to walk in front of. The longer he stays on, the more damage he's doing to the Conservative brand across the country. Which should be a real worry to loyal Conservative voters. It's not unfixable in the coming months, with a sensible new leader and some actual policy decisions, but it's definitely getting close to it.

The hilarious thing about the royals is that whenever you take the piss out of them, there's always some dingbat who goes, 'Yeah, but they bring in a lot of money through tourism.' So - three royal weddings have cost 151 million quid; the royal yacht, Buckingham Palace, the crown jewels... 'Yeah, but last month we sold a postcard of a bus.' So It all balances out.

Nobody knows exactly how much the queen is worth

But I guarantee you this - whatever the official figure is, it's bollocks and nowhere near the truth

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 3rd June 2022, 7:20 PM

What part do you not believe?.

What part of no don't you understand? I want a man, not a boy who thinks he can. Last time that we had this conversation, I decided we could be friends. And friendship lasts forever. Friendship never ends.

The confusion over the boos is understandable.
It all depends wether you watched the original footage, as it happened, or the heavily re-edited, some might say censored, footage the BBC released later in the day.
I've never been one for the old "BBC is biased" bollocks - but this is giving me severe doubts.

'Cencored later version' - I haven't seen either but read that the BBC bod highlighted the booing for him, although he didn't need to if it was so evident, and from a professional pov shouldn't've done. If that isn't a clear example of their anti BJ/Tory bias I'm not sure what is. If they are trying to atone for that later by manipulating the sound that's understandable, they're in enough trouble with their perceived left wing bias as it is.