I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,418

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 4th June 2022, 10:44 AM

I haven't seen either

Come back when you have, then.
The later clip was clearly edited - the narration was missing and narration from a different section played over the clip.
And the answer to perceived bias is not to "lie the other way".

EDIT:
There you go... https://videos.files.wordpress.com/JG0vJk9X/boogate_mp4.adaptive_3.m3u8

I think royal family are good. During worst European crisis since Bros is good idea to spend 5305530 pounds a millisecond on royals especially Kate because she's pretty. Ghandi also important for its country but not as pretty in my opinion. Royals family also bring in money for tourism: every 6 months a Japanese fellow spends 20 p on a postcard, this covers the F**kingham Palace and crown jewels and Royal Yacht, and everything left over go to 'the state', which is English for 'the royal family'. Tourism UK's only industry, we very welcomes at foreigners especially the French. In 1980s Andrew said 'We called Sarah Ferguson Fergie' so they also have fab sense of humour and peoples like us too. A homeless begged 50 p and when royal baby born it spent it on bread insteads of celebrating Royal Birth with us in pub! That homeless sucks!

Quote: Lazzard @ 4th June 2022, 10:13 AM

The confusion over the boos is understandable.
It all depends wether you watched the original footage, as it happened, or the heavily re-edited, some might say censored, footage the BBC released later in the day.
I've never been one for the old "BBC is biased" bollocks - but this is giving me severe doubts.

Are you suggesting that Reuters is also faking it! https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uks-johnson-jeered-platinum-jubilee-service-2022-06-03/

REUTERS:

LONDON, June 3 (Reuters) - British Prime Minister Boris Johnson was greeted with a chorus of boos and jeers as he arrived at a Service of Thanksgiving for Queen Elizabeth on Friday, in a public reflection of the growing pressure on his leadership.

Climbing the steps of St Paul's Cathedral towards leading members of the country's church and military, Johnson and his wife Carrie smiled and walked on as audible boos rang out from some among the thousands of royal fans lining the streets.

Others in the crowd then clapped and cheered.

Note the last line of the quoted bit.

Duly noted (?)
But I'm talking about the BBC - our National Broadcaster - doctoring the originally broadcast clip.
As it happens, the boos sounded even worse on the Reuters clip because it was without commentary.
This is what the accompanying Reuters tweet said.

You're confusing doctoring, censoring and lying with respectfully toning down some shameful abuse of a couple at a celebratory event, Lazzard. It's no more than that. It went out once at full volume by the BBC, that's enough, and for those who want to revel in such low class taunting of their hated PM, you have the other clips you can play and play again to your delight. It also looks to me like they turned the volume down so the correspondent could talk at a normal level, not raise her voice to account for the noise as they did on the live recording. And the boos were still evident, (but a lot less raucous) they didn't wipe them out.

Whatever gets you through the night, Alf.
You sound like a man valiantly defending a bad haircut.
Desperate stuff.

Come on Alfred mate do you really want to live in a country were the plebs are not allowed to boo? Or one where they doctor the news? People don't like Boris it happens and whats more it's a broad sprectrum, given the occasion and the make up of the crowd.
Fans of the Queen saw her sat alone at her husbands funeral. That mage was clearly sanctioned and designed to show a woman in grief. But also one abiding by the laws of her land.
Plus everyone knows what her Prrime Minister was doing. I believe he wasn't at the party the night before the funeral, he was probaly sleeping a load off. But name the capatin of one ship that didn't get the blame when the crew were able to sink their ship while he was in his cot?

The lying sod has upset bungalow dwellers in subrban cul de sacs from West Sussex to East Kilbride and from the Outer Hebrides to the Ilse of White. He's toxic not to all, there will be many who still like him. But if you do then defend him on what he has done for the better of this country . Show the benifits thats worth the effort of continuing with a proven serial liar for? It has to be better than telling people what they're seeing isn't real.

And there ends the Labour party political broadcast.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 5th June 2022, 9:16 AM

And there ends the Labour party political broadcast.

More astute political analysis from SG, there.

Meanwhile, in airports across the land, people who wanted to control immigration are getting cross about immigration control.
Ha.

I'm enjoying boogate, but I hope it doesn't drag on as long as partygate.

What about boogate at the Hungary football match? Spectators were supposed to be banned from that match because of past racist offenses.
But they let children in with their parents to watch the match. The booing of 'the taking of the knee' was off the scale.

That's the joy of g'ates'. They're like black holes that suck everything in, and before you know it the entire Labour front bench of having to resign.

Another crap FIFA decision.
The kids had their guardians with them, and the boos sounded quite deep and male - so I'm willing to give the young'uns a break.
It's a quasi-fascist country so you'd expect racism, I guess.

Suggested clauses for the new Ministerial Code, to be renamed The Parliamentary Code:

a) While a member of parliament, all his/her dividends and consultancy fees shall be paid into the Government Treasury Funds

b) While a member of parliament all MPs are forbidden to have private health insurance and shall rely entirely on the NHS for medical care.

c) Since Members are largely elected by what party they belong to, no member shall be allowed to 'cross the floor' they must resign and be re-elected by his/her constituency as a member of the 'new' party that he/she has selected.

Any other suitable clauses that BCG members can think of?

Well the threshold that was "nowhere near being reached " has been reached and the vote that was "never going to happen" is happening tonight.
He'll get through - but will be significantly damaged.
(May won her vote but was gone within months.)
The Tories know that all he had to shout about was Brexit - and now Brexit turns out to be nothing much to shout about, he's not the useful idiot he was.
The Covid- 19 Public Enquiry will deliver just before the elections.
At best it will be lukewarm - so "Boris Beat Covid" isn't going tp play.
They'll want him gone before then.