I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,414

It isn't going to happen.
Its just fluff.
Entirely, as you say, to distract.
Not sure anyone one is buying it, except for a few mad old codgers.
It's all bit desperate really.

I'm surprised they sent the Rwandan bound immigrants letters. In keeping with Brexit surely the should have sent them telegrams instead?.

How old are you?

The same age as my nose and a little bit older than my teeth. Why is there a problem ?

It wasn't aimed at you, you posted at the same time but thanks for the shirty reply.
The one who has a problem with old men - there are constant dismissive remarks about them.

How the f**k was that shirty? Don't get soft skinned on me now mate I thought it was for me and thats not a nasty reply.

I want a lightweight fantasist to replace the heavyweight fantasist.

This means Grant Schnapps.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 31st May 2022, 7:19 PM

It wasn't aimed at you, you posted at the same time but thanks for the shirty reply.
The one who has a problem with old men - there are constant dismissive remarks about them.

It's not old men.
It's old codgers.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 31st May 2022, 7:45 PM

I want a lightweight fantasist to replace the heavyweight fantasist.

This means Grant Schnapps.

Oh! That could make a good Michael Monkhouse style pun. i.e., "What do you call an alcoholic politician? Grant Schnapps" or whatever.

Quote: a plate @ 31st May 2022, 10:24 PM

Oh! That could make a good Michael Monkhouse style pun. i.e., "What do you call an alcoholic politician? Grant Schnapps" or whatever.

Yus.

I was expecting someone to quibble about the way I had spelt his name only for me to have to retort that he has changed his name so many times no one can say for sure it doesn't have an n in it.

The one thing that is clear is that he is the half cousin of Mick Jones of The Clash and when you look at their faces the similarity is obvious.

I wonder if Ang has managed to get the envelope open yet.

I think Graham Brady has borrowed her letter opener and from what I can gather he may be a while using it.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 1st June 2022, 8:34 AM

I think Graham Brady has borrowed her letter opener and from what I can gather he may be a while using it.

Nice.
?

To be fair when they come over that well I only have to head them in.

I'm an old git and I've never learned about grams, kilogram, litres, cenimetres or kilometres.

It's all a mixture. We still measure distances in miles and drink pints of beer.

Metric makes more sense but it's not how we old gits were brought up. They talk about things in centimetres but it means nothing to me.