I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,415

I know centimetres and inches equally well, but I have no f**king clue what an ounce or a yard is.

A yard is quite simply 1/220th of a furlong. Or, if you prefer, 1/22nd of a chain. (A chain is the length of a cricket pitch.) Hope that helps.

An ounce is another name for a snow leopard.

What about drug dealers?

Will they have to sell cocaine by the ounce too?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 1st June 2022, 9:03 PM

A yard is quite simply 1/220th of a furlong. Or, if you prefer, 1/22nd of a chain. (A chain is the length of a cricket pitch.) Hope that helps.

An ounce is another name for a snow leopard.

I feel silly, it seems so obvious now!

Oddly enough I am very relaibly informed that while drugs of all kind are dealt in kilos. Once they 'Hit the street' as it were, they get sold in ounces half ounces and quarters. It would seem that even drug smugglers and dealers are highly flexible .

I remember on Breaking Bad - they sold them in Teenths. A tenth of what? An ounce?

Thats an American caper they did use to sell weed like that over here but to keep it simple they went with £5 and £10 weeds in the 70's and it was proper Lebanese as when you saw a pound bar of it there was a Klashnikov rifle and the letters PLO on it.
They ran the market and killed anyone who tried to break into it, but on the plus side when you saw their badge you knew it was pukka.

Are there many Street partys planned round your neck of the woods Stephen? There's not a lot around here to be honest. When it was the Silver one, there was loads but it sort of died down.

I am todays announcing for the Queen's Jubilees Belees that, along with Chaucerian English, I am bringings back:

Crinoline dresses, mangles, knickerbockersbockers, penny farthings, knock down gingers, unattended warts and scrumpings in orchards
Shove your hapennys in ye olde innes, sheets by Brentford Nylons, DDT, bumble bees and a 4mph speed limit with a mans with a red flag
Lawns in front gardens, pigs, cows and sheep in back gardens, rotten boroughs, serfdoms and lawful prejudices and discriminations
The greatest fire of Londons, the black plagues, the ducking stool, Ambroses and his Orchestra and chopping the King's wives heads off
Fears of the devils, peoples in white coats to take loonies to loony bins - ooh loony, loony, he's a loony - and Terry the pterodactyls

I knows that with these wonderfuls reforms that peoples are going to love me's.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 2nd June 2022, 8:40 AM

I remember on Breaking Bad - they sold them in Teenths. A tenth of what? An ounce?

When dealing in any high-potency drug, a teenth means a sixteenth of an ounce.

I'm glad the junkies knew the answer :D

Who would you rather bump into at 2am on Friday night, four lads who are stoned looking for a chippy? Or four f**king drunken muppets looking for a fight because they couldn't get a bird? Answers on a postcard to the usual address.

I'm also bringing back Bobby Charlton style combovers for half bald people.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 2nd June 2022, 3:34 PM

I'm also bringing back Bobby Charlton style combovers for half bald people.

A GREAT radio broadcaster.....thank you.

I just read, 'Ukraine, 500 men ready to enter.' I thought, That's not the Ukraine, that's my mother.