I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,008

Quote: Briosaid @ 1st February 2019, 10:26 PM

And who cares? Trump is declaring war on the world and Britain is self-seeking destruction, but look, let's all study some silly bugger's bulge.

Good point. Let's stop this argument.

When the whole world is at war and tens of millions of people are in danger of dying, that's no time to have a battle over a bulge.

Our ancestors would never have been so silly.

I truly don't give a bugger about what and when she spawns. Another hanger-on for us to support!

Quote: Rood Eye @ 1st February 2019, 10:35 PM

Good point. Let's stop this argument.

When the whole world is at war and tens of millions of people are in danger of dying, that's no time to have a battle over a bulge.

Our ancestors would never have been so silly.

Nice, but don't expect everyone to get it.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 31st January 2019, 4:09 AM

My old local was The Crown & Cushion.

The last time I was in a Crown and Cushion pub, I got the shit kicked out of me cos according to some twathead ,I was "looking at me bird"

Quote: Briosaid @ 1st February 2019, 10:26 PM

Trump is declaring war on the world

Hyperbole much? President Trump would rightly call it "fake news."

Now he not only needs billions for his wall - he will want billions more to manufacture nuclear missiles to start his arms race with the Russians

Worra dick!

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 2nd February 2019, 7:05 AM

Nice, but don't expect everyone to get it.

Just because Kim Kardashian doesn't provide daily updates from the Western Front, that doesn't mean she's entirely non-cognizant of the Ardennes Counteroffensive. Your bag there. My bag here. I rest my case, etc.

Quote: lofthouse @ 2nd February 2019, 1:49 PM

Now he not only needs billions for his wall - he will want billions more to manufacture nuclear missiles to start his arms race with the Russians.

President Obama signed off on a 30-year modernization upgrade for the nation's nuclear weapons at an estimated price tag of $1.25 trillion. Yeah, that's the same President Obama who won the Nobel Peace Prize a few months after taking office.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-nuclear-modernize-specialreport/special-report-in-modernizing-nuclear-arsenal-u-s-stokes-new-arms-race-idUSKBN1DL1AH

The only thing worse and more dangerous than a nuclear weapon is a 50-year-old nuclear weapon that might not work.

It actually doesn't matter whether they work or not, provided that your potential aggressor believes that they WILL work.

Quote: billwill @ 3rd February 2019, 1:27 AM

It actually doesn't matter whether they work or not, provided that your potential aggressor believes that they WILL work.

As technology advances and the potential aggressor believes that their latest and greatest warheads have a distinct advantage, they may be emboldened to try a decapitating first strike. Like it or not, it's important to maintain parity in the numbers, types and capabilities of the warheads and delivery systems.

Quote: billwill @ 3rd February 2019, 1:27 AM

Social media campaign, I'm thinking?

"Anthony Maneval, who worked at a now-closed Bon Ton department store, was found guilty of performing a sex act with the woman's lunch."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/man-pleasured-himself-colleagues-sandwich-13956311

Mayonnaise with that? NO!!

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 5th February 2019, 7:33 PM

"Anthony Maneval . . . was found guilty of performing a sex act with the woman's lunch."

The headline is fake news because sandwiches, whether owned by men or women, enjoy no protection against sexual assault under US law.

The truth of the matter is that he was found guilty of indecent assault of the woman rather than her lunch.

I shudder to think how many similar offences are being committed on a daily basis all over the world without being detected.

Accordingly, my advice is "Never eat food prepared by or given to you by anybody whose bodily fluids you would not welcome into your own body."

You've been warned.

Yuk! SickSickSick

Liam Neeson, anybody???