I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,007

Quote: lofthouse @ 20th January 2019, 12:24 PM

Yeah entertaining if you like demented racist old bigots

That's his good side but I'm not a fan despite that. He's terrible in interviews, defensive and rude if he's asked anything personal, looks down on all non royals, does what he wants even if it's illegal, is exclusive in everything he does and makes no secret he can't stand riff raff ie. us.

That refusal to apologise to a woman he could have killed sums him up but his latest venture's just as bad, he bought some very expensive black truffles and had a plot of land prepared in the right conditions for a truffle farm to grow his own. They're very difficult to farm in England but with Italian experts overseeing it it's been a success. He hasn't let a single one be sold to the market, with restaurants clambering to get some, they're all for the royal household only. What a c**t.

Is the Fuller's brewery protected due to its historical significance? If not, I wouldn't be surprised to see it turned into flats, with the beer produced under contract with someplace like Marston's.

Quote: DaButt @ 26th January 2019, 12:12 PM

Is the Fuller's brewery protected due to its historical significance? If not, I wouldn't be surprised to see it turned into flats, with the beer produced under contract with someplace like Marston's.

Or they could continue to brew it in one of the units of the converted building and call it "Flat Beer".

Yes. The country's in the grip of xenophobes (nods to Alfred) and threatened with Martial law, so let's have a big debate about f**king beer.

Ha ha. I don't know but I doubt the flats thing, it looks like a commercial buy out/sell off to a foreign investor in the drinks market because it's a Japanese company. The Japs have been making whisky for a while so I presume they now want to make some beer.

Even if it is I think most long standing or landmark buildings are kept looking the same as it's possible if they are converted into flats these days, there's a lot of preservation work done on keeping important features intact. It's not like the past where important buildings were flattened for new roads or railways, something of that size will keep its shell to remain a landmark. Look at the amount of work that's going on preserving the shell of Battersea Power Station in its conversion. It would be far cheaper to flatten it.

Quote: DaButt @ 25th January 2019, 10:05 AM

Just read that Fuller's have sold their brewery operations to Japan's Asahi. Sad day for an iconic London brewery.

A pint of Rondon Plide prease.

Quote: Briosaid @ 27th January 2019, 8:21 PM

Yes. The country's in the grip of xenophobes (nods to Alfred) and threatened with Martial law, so let's have a big debate about f**king beer.

Okay. Do you think modern filtration methods add or detract from a beer's character? Is pasteurisation a good or bad thing? Is the craze of Craft Beer just another marketing gimmick? Is beer becoming too hoppy? Best snack with ale, crisps or nuts?

Quote: Chappers @ 27th January 2019, 8:46 PM

A pint of Rondon Plide prease.

:) And a Nip of whisky.

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Quote: Briosaid @ 27th January 2019, 8:21 PM

The country's in the grip of xenophobes (nods to Alfred) and threatened with Martial law, so let's have a big debate about f**king beer.

Turn off the beer taps in the UK and watch as martial law is required to keep the peace. Remain or Leave, both sides really like beer.

Apparently, according to news reports more and more people are coming to the conclusion that Meghan Markle's pregnancy is some sort of hoax.

The rumours are based partly on claims that her bump appears to move around and change position from one set of photographs to another and partly on observations that she appears altogether too agile for someone allegedly six months pregnant, being able to bend down and squat down with all the ease of a woman who isn't pregnant at all.

As conspiracy theories go, this appears to be one to beat them all but, as we're always saying, it's a funny old world.

What would be the point of such a hoax? Would it be to make them less boring?

My old local was The Crown & Cushion.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 30th January 2019, 4:28 PM

Apparently, according to news reports more and more people are coming to the conclusion that Meghan Markle's pregnancy is some sort of hoax.

The rumours are based partly on claims that her bump appears to move around and change position from one set of photographs to another and partly on observations that she appears altogether too agile for someone allegedly six months pregnant, being able to bend down and squat down with all the ease of a woman who isn't pregnant at all.

As conspiracy theories go, this appears to be one to beat them all but, as we're always saying, it's a funny old world.

Time will tell.

And who cares? Trump is declaring war on the world and Britain is self-seeking destruction, but look, let's all study some silly bugger's bulge.

Quote: Briosaid @ 1st February 2019, 10:26 PM

And who cares? Trump is declaring war on the world and Britain is self-seeking destruction, but look, let's all study some silly bugger's bulge.

You worry about what's going on in your own country. It's all a bit fishy!