I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,013

Britain. She's f**king up the entire country just to placate Tory extremists.and they're not happy with it either.

Why doesn't the Catholic church just allow priests to marry (male or female)? It wouldn't sort out the paedophiles but It would sort out a lot of the others

Quote: Briosaid @ 24th February 2019, 8:55 PM

Britain. She's f**king up the entire country just to placate Tory extremists.

Not really, she's got the British public to think of who voted to leave the EU, not stay in it via a dodgy permanent backstop which won't allow us to trade with anyone else. :S

OK, OK, I was bored to back teeth of it all from day one; but/and so, I still don't understand why we don't/can't just say to the EU "F**k you, I'm off and you can stuff up yer arse any hope of compensation - bloody cheek"

It's the Irish problem.

Ah Bejaysus! The feckin' feckers.

There's controversy about the siting of a Holocaust memorial in central London.

Many people say it will spoil the view of the Victoria Tower but I go further than that: I say the memorial itself will be an absolute effing eyesore. Imagine a load of absolutely enormous picture frames that have been smashed in half and stacked together. That's the memorial.

One thing is for certain, however: we do need a memorial of some kind because hardly anybody remembers that the Holocaust ever happened and nobody ever mentions it on TV or in the media or in books or films or anywhere else. I refer to it quite often as I go through life but almost everybody I speak to says "What are you talking about?" and I say "The Holocaust" and they say "What's that?" and I say "You know - Hitler and all that" and they say "Who?" and I say "He killed 6 million Jews" and they say "What are Jews?" and I say "Are you winding me up?" and they say "No".

Anyway, we definitely need a memorial but not this monstrosity they're proposing.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 27th February 2019, 8:06 AM

Anyway, we definitely need a memorial but not this monstrosity they're proposing.

London already has a holocaust memorial. Fortunately, the British government is generously chipping in 50 million quid toward the cost of this new one. Money well spent.

We like to put our hand up when there is ANY blame anywhere in the world and pay compensation even when it wasn't our fault and/or we had f**k all to do with it in the first place. But we're British you see and must show Johnny Foreigner how to keep a stiff upper lip and turn the other cheek when we are erroneously accused of ANYTHING.

I don't think the time is far off when some left wing loonie group decides what bastards we were for destroying the Aztec culture in the 16th century.

I blame that f**ker Drake.

Cortez would be your man for that Herc. As for sins of the Empire I'm sorry but any recompense is down to the aristocracy as that's where all the dough went. Big houses, big titles and small morals.
At the peak of the Empire England was awash with debtors jails and Work Houses and kids of 6 died up chimneys or under looms.
This was not a nation profiting it was the same group that profit today and live here but bank off shore. Whether it be slaves or microchips they don't care about the currency and that's why we have 'Gang Masters' Rachman type landlords and zero hours contracts.
Perhaps in the future the indigenous poor can demand all the money back we gave to the banks. Lets be honest it cost us our social care , the NHS Education and the entire infrastructure of a generation and its still near no end.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 27th February 2019, 11:58 AM

Cortez would be your man for that Herc.

I know that but his parents came from 'Ackney as I'm sure the Worker's Revolutionary Let's Bash Everyone Party will no doubt prove one day and we have to give anyone in South America who cares to put their hand up all our gold reserves.

I'm sorry Herc I couldn't vouch for what the Trots are going to do next as I doubt they know themselves?
In recanting history I don't highlight any political stance of my own, its just that the truth in history when spoken makes anyone sound radical.
Let's be honest the Romans cornered the market in blaming its victims. As for Drake he needed shooting for those earrings alone. However his sportsmanship on the bowling green remains legendary and secondary to the genocides he was up to his ruffles in .

Several of the announced Democrat presidential hopefuls for 2020 have announced support for paying reparations to African-Americans for slavery. No idea where the money would come from, but my suggestion would be to obtain it from the people who created the slave trade in the first place: Europeans. ;)

I would look to North Africa if I was them as that's where the traders who took the slaves across Europe came from. Before we even had a fleet the people of Devon & Cornwall were captured in their cottages in the dead of night and then sold in the markets of North Africa. In one night alone in 1625 one Cornish village had 60 men women and children taken and sold as slaves. These people raided England Scotland and Ireland even Iceland for slaves. The Europeans simply industrialised it like they did the poor of their own countries, it was and is called 'Austerity'
As for those people descendent from people sold in chains? If they identify any money linked to slavery then they should be able to claim it.

Quote: Kenneth @ 27th February 2019, 11:13 AM

London already has a holocaust memorial. Fortunately, the British government is generously chipping in 50 million quid toward the cost of this new one. Money well spent.

The Holocaust: so bad we memorialised it twice?