I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,857

Quote: DaButt @ 11th November 2016, 2:40 PM

And there was me thinking this forum was the fount of all knowledge.......... :(

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th November 2016, 9:54 AM

Just to come back to the American election now the dust has nearly settled...............

I was puzzled by why the Republicans are red and the Democrats are blue, which is the complete reverse of the UK and of the rest of the world when you come to think of it - Russia and China being classic examples.

Why is that? Or is it the Yanks yet again being perverse as they do with driving on the wrong side of the road. :|

They're both snivelling, useless little f**ktards.

The red/blue thing is convoluted and has changed over the last couple of decades:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_states_and_blue_states#Origins_of_the_color_scheme

RIP Robert Vaughn. :(

Another one gone.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 11th November 2016, 7:50 PM

RIP Robert Vaughn.

Napoleon's solo.

Quote: playfull @ 10th November 2016, 4:07 PM

DaButt - Can i suggest you ban the subject of the election, then put out an 'election jar' and state 'anyone' who mentions it, Trump or Clinton gets fined a dollar (or better still 5).

24 hours before she was supposed to fly in for a visit, my friend just canceled her trip. She's "not mad, but the timing doesn't feel right."

What a sad state of affairs.

http://whatever.scalzi.com/2016/11/10/the-cinemax-theory-of-racism/ This is very well put, I think.

The Times this morning "EU warns May over Trump"

My God, talk about sticking their nose in where it is not wanted - if a lady can't suffer with a little windy-pops without the EU having a go at her about it.

If I understand it right, even the Queen farts occasionally.

Quote: zooo @ 12th November 2016, 9:21 AM

http://whatever.scalzi.com/2016/11/10/the-cinemax-theory-of-racism/ This is very well put, I think.

Not at all, because it assumes as fact that Donald Trump is a racist.

Trump wants to stop illegal immigration because it's detrimental to our nation. He wants to build a physical barrier along the border with Mexico (much of it is currently protected by nothing at all, or a couple of strands of barbed wire) and he wants to deport criminals illegally in the United States. That is not racism. It is common sense and it would merely be enforcement of existing laws.

Check out Hillary's views on the matter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uXJ1mgkyF0

It's impressive that you can manage to honestly convince yourself that he and Pence aren't racist, and presumably that they're also not misogynistic and homophobic.

But I really don't want to argue with you about it, cos arguing on the internet gives me heartburn. So there we are.

Quote: zooo @ 12th November 2016, 4:38 PM

It's impressive that you can manage to honestly convince yourself that he and Pence aren't racist, and presumably that they're also not misogynistic and homophobic.

Promoting secure borders and fighting illegal immigration are not racism. If you think they are, then you'll have to admit that Hillary and Obama are racists, too, because they advocate the same thing.

If Donald Trump is a misogynist, then surely it'll become clear when he doesn't select any women for his cabinet. You might also apply the same label to Hillary Clinton after she stalwartly defended her husband against the multiple women who claimed that he sexually assaulted them. What's good for the gander is also good for the goose...

Hillary and Obama are not racists/misogynists/homophobes. Neither is Donald Trump, despite the hysteria of a political campaign.

Time to head out for a beer with the neighbors. It's a lovely day outside.

I'll see Hillary and that man as the same when she starts boasting about grabbing boys by their cocks, when she chooses a running partner who thinks the government should fund electroshock conversion therapy for gay kids, and when she refers to people from another country as rapists and murderers, or claims a judge who was born in America can't do his job because he's 'a Mexican'. (Or any number of other endless remarks he's made.) I wasn't even thinking about the wall, to be honest.

Employing a woman or a brown person does not prove you're not a racist misogynist.

And NOW I shall stop discussing this. (Honest!) It's utterly depressing and life-sucking. And pointless, anyway. To a supporter of his anything negative he's ever said or done is 'a rumour' or 'media bias' or 'people making stuff up' or exaggerating or blah blah blah.

*doesn't come back to this thread for about a week*

There's a Pope joke going around.
."Well Mr Trump has done something I've never been able to do.Get the whole world to pray"

Quote: zooo @ 12th November 2016, 6:01 PM

*doesn't come back to this thread for about a week*

10, 9, 8, 7,....