I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,595

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 26th May 2014, 1:02 PM BST

lambasting the electorate for carrying out their right to vote -

Well, mainly ignoring their right to vote. It would be nice if even half of the people able to vote actually did so.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 26th May 2014, 1:04 PM BST

They should interview some of those UKIP voters then, all I ever see on the news are bald, middle-aged lads in checked shirts shouting 'go on Nigel!' :P

??

Because that's the interesting story, though they do seem to have found quite a few nicely dressed blacks and Asians.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 26th May 2014, 1:04 PM BST

They should interview some of those UKIP voters then, all I ever see on the news are bald, middle-aged lads in checked shirts shouting 'go on Nigel!' :P

Yes, unlike the bald, middle-aged lads that you saw applauding the Labour and Conservative wins. Or the bald, middle-aged lads that stood for Labour and Conservative.

Quote: sootyj @ 26th May 2014, 1:08 PM BST

Because that's the interesting story,

There's nothing interesting about 'ladz'.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 26th May 2014, 1:07 PM BST

Well, mainly ignoring their right to vote. It would be nice if even half of the people able to vote actually did so.

I agree entirely and have said that if everyone who put an anti-UKIP message on social media actually went out to vote, they wouldn't have won a single seat. However, that requires more effort then simply sending a text message to X Factor, so those who did vote were actively interested in politics, which unfortunately is not the majority.

Plus, Russell Brand told everyone not to vote - I blame him!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 26th May 2014, 1:08 PM BST

Yes, unlike the bald, middle-aged lads that you saw applauding the Labour and Conservative wins. Or the bald, middle-aged lads that stood for Labour and Conservative.

Ship in some nice UKIP ladz who still have their hair for the GE. You've still got some, get in front of those cameras!

In your opinion.

This election seems to have found yet again scratch a liberal and there's an intolerant, dictator under the surface.

[don't scratch liberals it violates their yuman rights.]

Quote: sootyj @ 26th May 2014, 1:11 PM BST

In your opinion.

This election seems to have found yet again scratch a liberal and there's an intolerant, dictator under the surface.

That aimed at me? Nice.

Quote: Jennie @ 26th May 2014, 12:31 PM BST

They want to take us out of the European Convention on Human Rights.

How depressing.

What they seem to fail to grasp is that ECHR is about the rights of the citizen against the government. It is a court made up of the top judges from all over Europe and it gives us an additional method of challenging the decisions of our government.

I thought UKIP were pro putting the power back into the hands of the people.

Obviously not.

The problem with supranational law is that it is bugger for elected politicians to negotiate change and evolves almost entirely through legal interpretation and precedent.

So not very democratic if the electorate cannot vote to change national law.

Nope not you at all, I'm not sure if you're a liberal you always struck me as more of an anarchist.

I mean people throwing eggs at people running for office, hitting UKIP activists and filling the news with yet another fruitcake member they found.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 26th May 2014, 1:06 PM BST

That happens to almost every politician. People don't mock, for example, Cameron or Miliband over the way they look? Farage isn't a special case.

Just another example of the 'smear' politics that everyone says they hate, but couldn't wait to demonstrate at these recent elections.

'Don't vote UKIP - Farage looks weird!' - which is pretty rich coming from Labour supporters.

Where UKIP showed their class is by not responding to this avalanche of hate. None of their messages regarding the other parties or their leaders had an ounce of the personal hate and bile that I saw displayed by the 'spin doctors' of the other parties or even our supposed unbiased free press.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 26th May 2014, 1:17 PM BST

Where UKIP showed their class is by not responding to this avalanche of hate. None of their messages regarding the other parties or their leaders had an ounce of the personal hate and bile that I saw displayed by the 'spin doctors' of the other parties or even our supposed unbiased free press.

Maybe they'll be big enough to employ some lovely spin doctor's by the time of the GE. It's a right of passage.

Quote: sootyj @ 26th May 2014, 1:14 PM BST

Nope not you at all, I'm not sure if you're a liberal you always struck me as more of an anarchist.

Heh, I came out as 90% labour on one of those online tests yesterday. Would the internet lie to me? Teary

Quote: sootyj @ 26th May 2014, 1:08 PM BST

Because that's the interesting story, though they do seem to have found quite a few nicely dressed blacks and Asians.

It is something of myth that only the white British are concerned about EU economic migration.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 26th May 2014, 1:11 PM BST

Ship in some nice UKIP ladz who still have their hair for the GE. You've still got some, get in front of those cameras!

Perhaps we could ship in some black and ethnic minority candidates that liberal, tolerant white people could call racists, Nazis and Uncle Toms - because that isn't weird.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 26th May 2014, 1:21 PM BST

Maybe they'll be big enough to employ some lovely spin doctor's by the time of the GE. It's a right of passage.

Heh, I came out as 90% labour on one of those online tests yesterday. Would the internet lie to me? Teary

Soft lad, I came out as 75 percent Yorkshire first soft lad.