I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,590

Quote: Jennie @ 25th May 2014, 11:04 PM BST

He also thinks women shouldn't be allowed to wear trousers, as they should dress to "excite men". You couldn't make it up.

From personal experience I'd say short rotund women do themselves no favours by wearing trousers. I gave them up long ago. Laughing out loud

Because then they'd have to explain why they stuff the EU with their own failures. And how they never really participate in a meaningful sense and like all the other big countries, trys and get their own way by threatening to throw their toys out

Quote: keewik @ 25th May 2014, 11:14 PM BST

From personal experience I'd say short rotund women do themselves no favours by wearing trousers. I gave them up long ago. Laughing out loud

Don't they help prevent splinters on your broomstick?

Quote: sootyj @ 25th May 2014, 11:17 PM BST

Because then they'd have to explain why they stuff the EU with their own failures. And how they never really participate in a meaningful sense and like all the other big countries, trys and get their own way by threatening to throw their toys out

I'm sure they could play that down.

It'd be hard.

It'd be hard.

Quote: sootyj @ 25th May 2014, 11:20 PM BST

It'd be hard.

It'd be hard.

?

It'd be hard to hide their cynicism if they were challenged on it.

Quote: keewik @ 25th May 2014, 11:14 PM BST

Laughing out loud

I also prefer skirts, for a variety of reasons. "Exciting men" is not one of them.

Of course, if that is the inevitable by-product, who am I to argue? ;)

Quote: Jennie @ 25th May 2014, 11:04 PM BST

But they do not have any detailed policies, so one must assume that the words of their members are policies.

While we're at, as none of them said they are the Devil, I must conclude that they are all the Devil. Making things up is fun!

Quote: sootyj @ 25th May 2014, 11:23 PM BST

It'd be hard to hide their cynicism if they were challenged on it.

Nah, they could wiggle and waggle.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 25th May 2014, 11:07 PM BST

Don't UKIP MEP'S duck out of any EU votes? Even ones that would help the UK? So people are voting for MEP's who will refuse to do the job they've been elected for and still take home large amounts of cash?

Yes, they should definitely take part in the corrupt, undemocratic regime they oppose. They could show up, say: 'The common fisheries policy has destroyed British jobs and robbed our coastline of fish stocks. Stop doing it!' To which the EU would tell them to bugger off.

Or they could not bother and spend all of their time trying to get us out of this Federalist nightmare so we can control our own coastlines and fishing policies without having to ask permission from Europe.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 25th May 2014, 11:25 PM BST

While we're at, as none of them said they are the Devil, I must conclude that they are all the Devil. Making things up is fun!

Unfortunately, as they have almost no policies, you can only look at the things its members say and seem to believe to judge where they possibly stand overall.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 25th May 2014, 11:29 PM BST

Or they could not bother and spend all of their time trying to get us out of this Federalist nightmare so we can control our own coastlines and fishing policies without having to ask permission from Europe.

If that is their aim, fine. But don't try and get elected to the very institution they want to destroy, be paid a decent wage and expenses all to suddenly become conscientious objectors.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 25th May 2014, 11:29 PM BST

Yes, they should definitely take part in the corrupt, undemocratic regime they oppose. They could show up, say: 'The common fisheries policy has destroyed British jobs and robbed our coastline of fish stocks. Stop doing it!' To which the EU would tell them to bugger off.

If they're elected, then they should take part fully, like they're being paid to do, whilst pushing their overall goal as much as possible.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 25th May 2014, 11:25 PM BST

How else can I judge them, Renny? They don't have a handy manifesto for me to read.

So I read this instead:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2617313/Ukip-donor-says-no-thing-rape-marriage-gays-incapable-fidelity-latest-controversial-outburst-hit-party.html

Quote: sootyj @ 25th May 2014, 11:10 PM BST

Except for one's that are about reducing the EU's power. They're right about one thing, the EU is a hugely, powerful state. But who on Earth is in charge of it.

A friend of mine once compared it to belonging to a club where the steward makes the rules.