I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,592

Quote: Jennie @ 25th May 2014, 11:31 PM BST

How else can I judge them, Renny? They don't have a handy manifesto for me to read.

So I read this instead:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2617313/Ukip-donor-says-no-thing-rape-marriage-gays-incapable-fidelity-latest-controversial-outburst-hit-party.html

That's one donor that'd be like judging all lawyers by that judge who said pyjamas make men rape women

How else can I judge them, Renny? They don't have a handy manifesto for me to read.

So I read this instead:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2617313/Ukip-donor-says-no-thing-rape-marriage-gays-incapable-fidelity-latest-controversial-outburst-hit-party.html

That's one donor that'd be like judging all lawyers by that judge who said pyjamas make men rape women

So I read this instead:

So I read this instead:

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 25th May 2014, 11:36 PM BST

Yes, it's very simple. Good that they're going to try and toss together some other ones over the summer. Also good that you don't let an overall lack of current policies stop them from speaking to you as a party.

Sometimes all you need is a strong, charismatic leader who members of the public identify with. And other times, you just have to look at the current immigration figures - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25135418

You could also look at the records of the previous parties and how they made promises on manifestos and policies that they never delivered.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 25th May 2014, 11:44 PM BST

Sometimes all you need is a strong, charismatic leader who members of the public identify with.

Like Hitler?

Quote: Jennie @ 25th May 2014, 11:39 PM BST

I would be very happy if the first two UKIP domestic policies were:

1. Outlawing all guns ever.

2. Outlawing smoking everywhere.

You might just find Nige turns on you, RCP.

Um, that is exactly the Labour policy. Anything else you'd like to ban, control or regulate in your wonderful police state?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 25th May 2014, 11:44 PM BST

You could also look at the records of the previous parties and how they made promises on manifestos and policies that they never delivered.

So the answer is not to come up any.

www.ukip.org/#

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 25th May 2014, 11:46 PM BST

Anything else you'd like to ban, control or regulate in your wonderful police state?

Heh.

Quote: Jennie @ 25th May 2014, 11:45 PM BST

Like Hitler?

Unlike Miliband is what I was going for. But knock yourself out. First you liken UKIP to the BNP and now Farage is Hitler. It's almost like you just graduated from liberal stereotype college with a first in dogmatic predictability.

So many iconoclasts on this forum, it's truly amazing the range of views on offer. :P

Quote: Jennie @ 25th May 2014, 11:46 PM BST

So the answer is not to come up any.

Er, they said they were coming out with policies over the summer. I know that you can't wait, but they're still in post production, it wouldn't look as good if the X Men were just standing in front of a green screen.

Quote: Jennie @ 25th May 2014, 11:45 PM BST

Like Hitler?

Cheap

I do wonder I I do wonder if all this cheap use of the word nazi is to see if there are any nazis left in europe ready to come running out

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 25th May 2014, 11:47 PM BST

www.ukip.org/#

Shhh, Billy. They don't want to look there and read stuff. That's like research and knowledge.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 25th May 2014, 11:47 PM BST

www.ukip.org/#

That's not a full manifesto, as has been said they're going to be knocking out a more rounded and full set of policies over the summer.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 25th May 2014, 11:51 PM BST

Shhh, Billy. They don't want to look there and read stuff. That's like research and knowledge.

Yes, we don't do any of that.

Quote: sootyj @ 25th May 2014, 11:50 PM BST

Cheap

I do wonder I I do wonder if all this cheap use of the word nazi is to see if there are any nazis left in europe ready to come running out

Not cheap at all, I was making a perfectly valid point. It was pointed out that UKIP have no policies. RCP said they would make some over the summer and pointed out that what you need is a charismatic leader that the public identify with.

My point was that a charismatic leader can bring about chaos and destruction without the foundation of good policies.

I was not comparing Farage to Hitler. But hey, if my arguments are a bit nuanced for you boys... :P

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 25th May 2014, 11:51 PM BST

Trust me, I've read it all - but I know it is easier for you to believe I haven't. I have fully absorbed the whole sentence dedicated to crime and justice - in fact I think I have previously commented on the "make sentences more meaningful" provision. My suggestion was a short poem.

I do like the photo of Nige looking smug surrounded by none-white people - nice touch.