I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,552

Quote: Nogget @ 7th May 2014, 10:38 AM BST

Seeing the prediction of a doubling of Britain's non-white population to almost one in three people by 2050, and considering the falling birth rates amongst traditionally liberal populations, I find myself wondering whether politically liberal attitudes will tend to die out simply because other non-liberal cultures will out-produce them in terms of offspring.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/06/political-parties-ethnic-minorities-policy-exchange

Normally I'm the first to panic about statistics, but then I look at the USA and the levels of Hispanics in their population. And duly note that the laws have remained liberal and free.

And then I panic again as I realise that the Hispanics are Christian peoples descended from Western Europeans who hold similar values to Americans and that 'our lot' are from honour killing, FGMing, fatwa making, book burning, arse backwards, shithole countries full of mud huts and child brides.

If Sharia Law is implemented in the UK, I'll be the first to accuse all of the pro-immigration liberals of being adulterers and blasphemers. See you at the stonings lefties.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 7th May 2014, 1:06 PM BST

but then I look at the USA ..And duly note that the laws have remained liberal and free.

You have to be kidding.

Quote: Jennie @ 7th May 2014, 1:24 PM BST

You have to be kidding.

Let's see, if I want to legally and easily buy a gun, which country has the more restrictive and draconian laws?

Are there parts of the UK where I can legally sit in a bar and have a cigarette?

How much do I want to spend on my medical insurance this year?

If I'm worried about crime / wild animals, who will allow me to legally carry a firearm?

If I don't wish to pay for a public service broadcaster, will I be arrested?

I said something mean on Twitter, will the police come around and arrest me or will I be protected under freedom of speech?

Which country has a legally binding, fully certified, bill of rights and which one doesn't?

In which country am I a citizen and in which one am I a subject of the crown?

How did we get into guns so quickly?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/chris-grayling-blocks-inquiry-into-sexual-assaults-inside-jails-9321406.html

More reasons to hate Chris Grayling.

"Prisoners aren't going to have sex on my watch." What an arse.

Has the conservative party turned into someone weird WWF project to gather all the wild arseholes in the UK and keep them in one place.

That's just stunning and awful. Reminds me of something similarly idiotic he said about not giving prisoners privacy curtains for toilets in shared cells.

Quote: Nogget @ 7th May 2014, 2:23 PM BST

By better and cheaper production methods.

Does that chat up line ever work with Renegade?

Quote: Jennie @ 7th May 2014, 3:09 PM BST

"Prisoners aren't going to have sex on my watch."

They could have one off the wrist.

Badumtish!

I named 8 freedoms, only two were gun related. The UK has already started to enshrine Sharia Law on the statute books. Good luck with that.

No they haven't the Law Society provided none binding guidelines as advice.

Quote: sootyj @ 7th May 2014, 6:06 PM BST

No they haven't the Law Society provided none binding guidelines as advice.

It's a slippery slope, some would say the beginning of the end - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/10717575/Sharia-law-in-UK-calls-for-Parliamentary-inquiry.html

Maybe Hollywood celebs should boycott Marmite?

Paranoid people who don't understand the law.

The UK made gay marriage law enshrining gay married couples with real legal rights.

The Sharia law in the UK is a pretty dead argument, you're better than that.

Now state schools becoming Muslim schools by stealth, fastfood restaurants and schools selling Halal food by stealth, police not dealing with culture based crimes these are all real issues.

Sir Howard Stringer is being touted as the next head of the BBC Trust.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/may/07/howard-stringer-touted-potential-head-bbc

To be fair he has had past BBC experience - by which I mean he donated a sandbag to The Museum of Curiosity.