I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,485

Quote: Hannah G @ 1st April 2014, 10:41 PM BST

Is it you who keeps doing this..?

:P

Clever girl, we use cheeses as training targets and sell them to foreign countries afterwards. :D

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 1st April 2014, 10:47 PM BST

What argument?

*sigh*

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 1st April 2014, 10:01 PM BST

Shit like that happens every couple of years here, family killings with military weapons. "Pro gun at home"-people say: " It would have happened anyway, he would have killed his family with a steak knife then". Maybe, but why assist those loonies.

That argument. I can sort of understand people challenging me at every turn asking for proof of my allegations - even though a 3 second Internet search will back up everything I say - but when they can't even remember what they wrote a few minutes ago, it starts to become tedious.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 1st April 2014, 10:29 PM BST

I said childishly naïve...and they are. It's the same with anyone who thinks they can solve a problem with a simple ban or law change.

They should make that child molesting against the law, soon put a stop to it.

I would say naive in a discussion is fair, couple it with childish and you've added a personal flick to the gonads. Or ovaries.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 1st April 2014, 10:52 PM BST

*sigh*

That argument. I can sort of understand people challenging me at every turn asking for proof of my allegations - even though a 3 second Internet search will back up everything I say - but when they can't even remember what they wrote a few minutes ago, it starts to become tedious.

What I meant was, I never started any argument...I didn't even expressed a thesis. I only made a sentence using the word "gun" and you jumped at me for wanting to ban all weapons in the world. That's why I was calling you paranoid. There never was an argument.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 1st April 2014, 10:54 PM BST

I would say naive in a discussion is fair, couple it with childish and you've added a personal flick to the gonads. Or ovaries.

Sort of like accusing every gun owner of being a potential mass murdering psychopath?

If they'd said - 'everyone is a potential mass murdering child killer' in a discussion, then I would say, that was fair. We are all capable of killing a huge amount of children if we put our minds to it.

Singling out gun owners added a personal flick to the non-gender specific reproductive organs.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 1st April 2014, 10:56 PM BST

What I meant was, I never started any argument...I didn't even expressed a thesis. I only made a sentence using the word "gun" and you jumped at me for wanting to ban all weapons in the world. That's why I was calling you paranoid. There never was an argument.

Please re-read your original statement and the 'Pro-Gun at home people' segment. I hate to show off my intelligence, but I believe you were attempting to make a point. If at any time in the future you merely suggest or infer something, I will be the first on here to ask what you mean in plain English, as we wouldn't want anyone misinterpreting your viewpoints - especially yourself.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 1st April 2014, 10:59 PM BST

Sort of like accusing every gun owner of being a potential mass murdering psychopath?

I only said "I could have killed..." I didn't accuse no one of snything. Either you're trying to pull my leg or you need medication.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 1st April 2014, 11:01 PM BST

Please re-read your original statement and the 'Pro-Gun at home people' segment. I hate to show off my intelligence, but I believe you were attempting to make a point. If at any time in the future you merely suggest or infer something, I will be the first on here to ask what you mean in plain English, as we wouldn't want anyone misinterpreting your viewpoints - especially yourself.

Maybr I did try to make a point subconsciously but I certainly didn't plan to have a verbal tete a tete with you.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 1st April 2014, 11:02 PM BST

I only said "I could have killed..." I didn't accuse no one of snything. Either you're trying to pull my leg or you need medication.

Look, if you want to pretend you didn't mean anything by it, then you right ahead, use the defence of pedantry if you so desire. Hell, make out that I'm paranoid and that I obviously have no clue as to what you're alluding to, especially when you use 'Pro-Gun' and 'loonies' in the same sentence.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 1st April 2014, 11:05 PM BST

I did try to make a point subconsciously but I certainly didn't plan to have a verbal tete a tete with you.

Oh go on, show us your tete a tetes. :P

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 1st April 2014, 11:07 PM BST

Look, if you want to pretend you didn't mean anything by it, then you right ahead, use the defence of pedantry if you so desire. Hell, make out that I'm paranoid and that I obviously have no clue as to what you're alluding to, especially when you use 'Pro-Gun' and 'loonies' in the same sentence.

I used those words after you...you started an argument.

by the way, wouldn"t you call a psycho killer a loony?

I think you miss Harridan...now that she's absent you have to pull my leg with a fake argument.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 1st April 2014, 10:50 PM BST

Clever girl, we use cheeses as training targets and sell them to foreign countries afterwards. :D

:D I knewd it!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 1st April 2014, 11:10 PM BST

I used those words after you...you started an argument.

I think you miss Harridan...now that she's absent you have to pull my leg with a fake argument.

Please go back are re-read your posts. I stated that you could have killed children using a variety of methods and that having a rifle in your house didn't automatically make someone a murderer. That was my argument.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 1st April 2014, 11:13 PM BST

Please go back are re-read your posts. I stated that you could have killed children using a variety of methods and that having a rifle in your house didn't automatically make someone a murderer. That was my argument.

I don't even didagree with that...and I wasnt using the word "ban"...

Can I use the use the expression "alcohol poisoning" without you accusing me of being a prohibition fan?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 1st April 2014, 11:17 PM BST

Can I use the use the expression "alcohol poisoning" without you accusing me of being a prohibition fan?

As long as you don't use the expression 'binge drinking' - back in my day it was called 'getting pissed'. Unlike the scientists, we discovered that drinking a lot of alcohol in a short space of time made you drunk. A revolutionary breakthrough.

I drink to that.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 1st April 2014, 11:10 PM BST

I think you miss Harridan

I miss Harridan. And Nat. This place was so close to being a feminist paradise...

Quote: Jennie @ 1st April 2014, 11:22 PM BST

I miss Harridan. And Nat. This place was so close to being a feminist paradise...

It will be again when I disappear off the BCG at the end of 2014. No man will dare stand in your way then.

:D

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 1st April 2014, 11:21 PM BST

I drink to that.

Cheers!

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ 1st April 2014, 11:25 PM BST

Stop referencing the internet as if it's an unimpeachable data source. It most definitely isn't, corrupted as it is with opinion and propaganda, masquerading as truth.

Evening Stylee. Wave