I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,488

Quote: sootyj @ 2nd April 2014, 11:18 PM BST

Mean while the real issues are debated by captain fag'n'pint and camerons spare penis

Depressingly true. It's the Greens I feel sorry for, unlike UKIP they've actually got an MP and were they invited to any debates?

The other interesting bit of news is the discussion about the Scots being able to vote in UK elections if they choose independence this year. They'll get none of this exciting debating stuff or PMQs or Westminster gossip or decisions on important world issues, just 24 hour Alex Salmond.

That's because their one MP is in prison.

Actually she's probably saving a fortune by boring her cell mates to suicide by discussing the Green manifesto.

Like a shrill, vegetarian Lecter.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 2nd April 2014, 11:13 PM BST

What does Waitrose make that is superior to say Sainsburys or Tescos?

Roast Chicken. I think they roast it in crack. It is divine.
Olives. Big melons of green happiness.
Roses. As in flowers. Mine are still chugging along 2 1/2 weeks later.
A pick up point for John Lewis stuff in case you can't face Oxford Street.
Deli Counter. Dips and Hummous and things.
Bread. So much more variety and so much nicer. Plus, there is Anthony the baker at my local, who always gives me extra because I flirt shamelessly.
Baking stuff. A baby Waitrose has more baking goods than a big fat Sainsbury's. Mine has 14 different types of sugar. Granulated. Caster. Golden Caster. Light Muscavado. Dark Muscavado. Light Brown. Brown. Dark Brown. I could go on.

Everything about Waitrose is better. From the moment you enter the store, you are embraced in the warm bosom of Waitrose happiness (unless you don't look the right sort, of course).

You get a basket that you can pull along like a wheely suitcase, for those times when you are getting heavy stuff but don't need a trolley. You get your free coffee and have a think about what you would like to do next. No-one bothers you.

And the chances are, what you want to do next is check out the baking aisle.

Waitrose overall provides better stuff and yes the chicken is awesome, where as Marks and Sparks is a bit too posh.

On this rare occasion, I agree with Renegade - Waitrose is crap. I've given them a fair innings but it's overpriced shite. Emperor's new clothes. Tried one of their curries and it was bland to the point of puke-making. Give me Tesco/Morrison/M & S any day, though nothing beats a homemade/Indian bought curry.

Why MS they're ridiculously over priced for what they sell and attract c**ts like flys to shit.

Quote: Jennie @ 2nd April 2014, 11:27 PM BST

You get a basket that you can pull along like a wheely suitcase, .

Hey, they have those in Iceland too you know! :P

Despite the extensive list of sugars, I do think there is a class aspect to the various food emporiums.

Eg. I don't shop in Lidl or Aldi because I don't want to get stabbed over a jumbo box of Frosted Flakes.

I don't shop in Waitrose because I don't want to be choked to death by posh lady perfume or here a mother call her child Noah.

I don't shop in M&S for sooty's aforementioned 'much too teef' price comparison.

Though if given the choice, I could quite happily never set foot a supermarket again.

Don't worry Soots, we know the truth.

I love this, particularly the grumpy UKIP convention in the background.

Why are musical theatre types always so happy? It's a bit scary.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/01/lion-king-cast-sing-on-flight_n_5069138.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

eh what truth?

About Waitrose and its supremacy. Not the Lion King.

I just threw M&S into the mix because I like their Extra Large Greenland Prawns and sometimes their potatoes.

I can't believe I'm wasting my life discussing the merits of supermarkets.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 2nd April 2014, 11:38 PM BST

Eg. I don't shop in Lidl or Aldi because I don't want to get stabbed over a jumbo box of Frosted Flakes.

I don't shop in Waitrose because I don't want to be choked to death by posh lady perfume or here a mother call her child Noah.

I love Aldi. I live in Catford - we are grateful just to be able to eat. I have to hide my Waitrose bags though, doesn't go down well.

My Waitrose sugar aisle contemplation was disturbed today by two little brats trying to get in my way. Was about to unleash my fury upon them, until the mother shouted "Theodora, Dorothea, come to mummy." Figured the kids had enough to worry about in life.

Quote: keewik @ 2nd April 2014, 11:46 PM BST

I can't believe I'm wasting my life discussing the merits of supermarkets.

:(

I love supermarkets. I think it is why I have suddenly discovered Mumsnet. I am prematurely middle aged.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 2nd April 2014, 11:38 PM BST

Dunno about where you are but here there is a very middle class clientele for these supermarkets.

BTW, if anyone have a dishwasher stop using Finish products. The Lidl own brand at 10p per tablet are just as good and a third of the price.

(Dishwasher see, those are the sort of circles I move in. )

M&S is overrated. I move between Tesco, Asda, Morrisons and Aldi like an undiscerning harlot.

Quote: keewik @ 2nd April 2014, 11:44 PM BST

Extra Large Greenland Prawns

Mmm, I love seafood, especially crustaceans - prawns, crab, lobster, mussels, langoustines, etc.

Anyways keewik, what is your view on no longer being part of the Westminster circus - Question Time, PMQs, debates in the House, etc.?

Is the Scottish Parliament any more entertaining?

Quote: Oldrocker @ 2nd April 2014, 11:48 PM BST

Dunno about where you are but here there is a very middle class clientele for these supermarkets.

They have two pit bulls in their garage?