I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,339

I don't own a mobile phone and never will do.

One of my genuine ambitions is to be the person who prevents money exchange, voting, etc going exclusively mobile on the grounds that it will infringe my human rights.

It seems reasonable that everyone should have at least one day when they are in charge of both the economy and the political system. That will be mine.

Are you still technically a member of the human race?

Cos the difference between humans and beasts starts for me with owning a mobi

Quote: sootyj @ October 13 2013, 10:12 PM BST

Are you still technically a member of the human race?

Cos the difference between humans and beasts starts for me with owning a mobi

No car, no motorbike, no bicycle, no hairdryer, no dishwasher, no freezer, no DVD player, no X box, no I pad, no laptop computer, no food mixer, no electric drill, no jewellery, no watch, no briefcase ....genuinely.

You be the judge. :)

No freezer?!

You scare me you're sort of Robinson Crusoe with out an island

I've a pad mifi modem, 2 pads, mini laptop that go with me every where as they run out of juice I feel my world closing in

I'm buying a solar and hand pumped charger this month

F**k you anarchy you're not getting me

Quote: Harridan @ October 13 2013, 10:20 PM BST

No freezer?!

No - I have a small freezer box for ice cream and chips at the top of the fridge.

Bosch obviously - so I never have to buy another one. :)

I am just impressed he has succeeded in hooking up his Olivetti Lettera to the internet.

A freezer of unearthly delights?

A freezer of unearthly delights?

Quote: Tursiops @ October 13 2013, 10:24 PM BST

I am just impressed he has succeeded in hooking up his Olivetti Lettera to the internet.

:D

Quote: Tursiops @ October 13 2013, 10:24 PM BST

I can't claim to be an anarchist. I've got two thirds of a bungalow, five radios, TV, computer, CDs, cooker, washing machine, shaver, iron, loads of stuff.

But there was a conscious decision not to move forward into the 2000s. I didn't like the numbers. And I was in my mid 30s and thought there wasn't any point.

Quote: Horseradish @ October 13 2013, 10:29 PM BST

But there was a conscious decision not to move forward into the 2000s. I didn't like the numbers. I was in my mid 30s and thought there wasn't any point.

How bleak!

CDs aren't they a fancy kind of drinks coaster?

Quote: sootyj @ October 13 2013, 10:32 PM BST

CDs aren't they a fancy kind of drinks coaster?

Coasters are worth more now.

One thing I did do was join Spotify. That's the one modern concession but it's just a development on Napster in the 1990s so that reassures.

What is in the other third of your bungalow?

Quote: Horseradish @ October 13 2013, 10:08 PM BST

I don't own a mobile phone and never will do have.

Quote: Horseradish @ October 13 2013, 10:18 PM BST

No car, no motorbike, no bicycle, no hairdryer, no dishwasher, no freezer, no DVD player, no X box, no I pad, no laptop computer, no food mixer, no electric drill, no jewellery, no watch, no briefcase ....genuinely.

Ditto! :D