I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,335

'A Palestinian man has been ordered to suspend all restoration work in the cave to which he and family had moved after the Israeli military bulldozers razed his house in the Silwan neighbourhood in occupied East Jerusalem.

The order was made against Khalid Al Zeer by the Jerusalem Magistrates Court on Tuesday. Al Zeer has vowed to carry on the work in his cave no matter what the cost in order to provide his family with a place to live.

The court adjourned Al Zeer's case to October 20 for further review.

The Israeli occupation's police visited Al Zeer at his makeshift home in the cave in the middle of the night on Monday to hand him an order instructing him to immediately suspend all renovation in the cave and move out. He was also instructed to show up in court on Tuesday at midday to hear the orders directly from the judge.'

And yet if you were to criticise the Israeli government for things like this they acuse you of being anti Semitic

Well I'm not anti Semitic - but they're a bunch of c**ts and a bunch of f**king Nazis

I wouldn't accuse of antisemitism, the term for irrational anti Israeli feeling is usually antiZionism.

Try moving into an unoccupied piece of London and start building work because that's where you want to live.

And check out how quickly you get an eviction notice,

Hardly the same thing is it

they treat the Palestinians like vermin

It's disgusting

And they of all people should know better

Really?

By the way the last line was antisemitic

nb if you're talking about Jerusalem, it's a more complex story

http://www.csmonitor.com/1984/0919/091905.html/(page)/2

more to do with limited land, and a very small number of groups really wanting to live there.

Quote: sootyj @ October 11 2013, 6:49 PM BST

By the way the last line was antisemitic

Told ya.

Anybody dares to criticise anything they do

ANTISEMITIC

HOLOCAUST DENIER

ANTI JEWISH

NAZI

Garbage

They are a disgrace

Quote: lofthouse @ October 11 2013, 6:41 PM BST

And they of all people should know better

No Lofty just that line.

Might I suggest you either grow up or sober up.

The new soup kitchens.

What other forward-looking ways can we help revive Victorian values?

I like soup,

it's a real shame partly though it's a perniciously dishonest representation of changes in the benefits by the left.

The government is still paying 10s of billions in benefits, I wish some people wouldnt panic and would just get some sensible advice.

Quote: sootyj @ October 11 2013, 7:02 PM BST

I like soup,

it's a real shame partly though it's a perniciously dishonest representation of changes in the benefits by the left.

The government is still paying 10s of billions in benefits, I wish some people wouldnt panic and would just get some sensible advice.

Yes - those are fair comments about where we were in 2013.

But look where we are in 2020. It's terrible.

Quote: sootyj @ October 11 2013, 7:00 PM BST

No Lofty just that line.

Might I suggest you either grow up or sober up.

I think your obviously speaking from a biased blinkered viewpoint

I'm not Jewish or Palestinian

As a total outsider in all this it's clear to me and to anyone with any common decency that Israel is nothing but a tyrant

And people shouldn't be scared to point this out in fear of being accused of the a-word

That's their defence every time

And it's horseshit

I and other people like me aren't ANTISEMITIC - were anti governments that oppress and bully others

It's that one line Lofty, when you understand why it's antisemitic {or racist when applied to other minorities} you many understand a little more about the world.

As for you I wouldn't describe you as an antisemite.

God bless you squire

:)

Too be honest there is what I'd call a certain form of para antisemitism, a focussing on Israel and a confusing of Israeli and Jewish identity that's disturbing.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/stephaniegutmann/100025868/jenny-tonge-and-organ-harvesting-this-woman-is-scary/

It's that kind of story that chills a little.

Quote: sootyj @ October 11 2013, 6:08 PM BST

I wouldn't accuse of antisemitism, the term for irrational anti Israeli feeling is usually antiZionism.

Try moving into an unoccupied piece of London and start building work because that's where you want to live.

And check out how quickly you get an eviction notice,

Actually it is far worse.

You can develop right across your next door neighbour's property with planning permission. The local authority only has to consider things like appearance and is not interested in ownership of land.

Having done so, said neighbour can take you to court - IF he has a spare £30,000 plus - but he is then up against not only you but the l.a approval you can wave smugly at both him and the judge.

We fool ourselves when we think that Israel is an isolated case, far removed. Just ask those sleeping on a quiet pavement who are constantly moved on just for being.

I can see the point he was trying to make though Sooty, however reductive it was. The occupation is presented as largelery, and openly, religiously justified (at least in the beginning), with large numbers of people of that same religion opting to move for religious reasons (unless the docurmentaries and interviews I've watched/read haven't been representative). People of a Jewish faith and anscestry are still feeling the pain of a lifetime of religious and racial persecution. You wouldn't be too out of line to extrapolate then that that group of people would be very sensitive to persecuting others, regardless of the history of their relationships.

It's confused in the same way that people are anti-feminism. I promise I'm not derailing the subject, just using it as an example. But (mostly) men see the misandry of some more extreme feminists and then mix the man hating up in with the equality. Same with thinking Muslims are the problem because of Radical Islam. It's obviously wrong but it's more a misunderstanding than a direct prejudice.