I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,340

Quote: zooo @ October 13 2013, 10:39 PM BST

What is in the other third of your bungalow?

I haven't checked recently.

Not sure if it's still here.

Quote: George Kaplan @ October 13 2013, 10:42 PM BST

Ditto! :D

There you go you see.

Normal.

I bet you bring back your groceries in a rucksack too.

Do not unlock the door.

Quote: zooo @ October 13 2013, 10:46 PM BST

Do not unlock the door.

:D

It's on the brow of the second steepest hill in Greater London - literally.

So good advice.

Quote: George Kaplan @ October 13 2013, 10:42 PM BST

Ditto! :D

But something might be happening on the internet and you wouldn't know

You wouldn't know

Quote: Horseradish @ October 13 2013, 10:44 PM BST

There you go you see.

Normal.

I bet you bring back your groceries in a rucksack too.

No rucksack either.

I remember reading how Joe Strummer used to keep all his stuff in carrier bags, even on tour. :)

Quote: sootyj @ October 13 2013, 10:49 PM BST

But something might be happening on the internet and you wouldn't know

You wouldn't know

Laughing out loud

I carry a photo of your avatar with me at all times so that you never feel far away. Cool

Well that's scarcely a replacement for the internet is it?

Also, we forgot to mention that Radish and I communicate by CB Radio which I wear on my shoulder like a parrot. So we can keep each other in the loop about chip & Ben's status updates on the BCG at all times as soon as they happen. We keep a rota so that we never leave our places at the same time - that way we never miss something vitally important such as a new David Smith thread.

Central heating?

Quote: Oldrocker @ October 13 2013, 11:28 PM BST

Central heating?

Me?

Yes. Just turned it on. :D

Quote: Horseradish @ October 13 2013, 10:18 PM BST

No car, no motorbike, no bicycle, no hairdryer, no dishwasher, no freezer, no DVD player, no X box, no I pad, no laptop computer, no food mixer, no electric drill, no jewellery, no watch, no briefcase ....genuinely.

You be the judge. :)

What's with the no jewellery or watch?

Quote: George Kaplan @ October 13 2013, 11:18 PM BST

Also, we forgot to mention that Radish and I communicate by CB Radio which I wear on my shoulder like a parrot. So we can keep each other in the loop about chip & Ben's status updates on the BCG at all times as soon as they happen. We keep a rota so that we never leave our places at the same time - that way we never miss something vitally important such as a new David Smith thread.

What you haven't mentioned is that it is only you who has a CB radio. I have an actual shoulder parrot which has been specially trained for receiving updates within the 27 MegaHertz band.

Quote: keewik @ October 14 2013, 12:03 AM BST

What's with the no jewellery or watch?

An aversion to accessories. I would relent on those if my life depended on it - but am prepared to fight until the end so as not to carry an umbrella. Anyhow, I have a parrot that can tell me the time.

Quote: Horseradish @ October 14 2013, 12:10 AM BST

What you haven't mentioned is that it is only you who have a CB radio. I have an actual shoulder parrot which has been specially trained for reception within the 27 MegaHertz band.

Damn'it Radish, I deliberately held that extra info back! I didn't want the earthlings thinking we were too weird.

In case all my devices fail I have a small megaphone, so I can shout my status updates.

Never more than 140 characters

Quote: Horseradish @ October 13 2013, 10:29 PM BST

But there was a conscious decision not to move forward into the 2000s. I didn't like the numbers. And I was in my mid 30s and thought there wasn't any point.

Trouble is, when the next generation of devices comes out, you'll be really out of the loop, because it will assume familiarity of the current crop.

My mum had your attitude about 30 years ago, so to her a cassette player is a bit complicated. So she doesn't have a VCR, mobile, DVD, nothing; and she doesn't even know what a computer is.

Imdeed I only just grasp the technology??-- trying to get friends to join facebook, really difficult? They totally distrust all new networks?...