I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,183

Quote: youngian @ April 8 2013, 4:08 PM BST

Sad to her of the death of producer and recording engineer Andy Johns. He worked on classic Led Zeppelin and Rolling Stones albums and leaves a legacy of contributing to a lot of contentment in Britain.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/andy-johns-rolling-stones-and-led-zeppelin-engineer-dead-at-61-20130408

Sad, great contribution to the making of those albums, RIP.

Actually sitting in the studio while such albums are written and recorded. Unbelievable. Today you can witness such rubbish being recorded as Justin Bieber albums.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ April 8 2013, 4:24 PM BST

I'm afraid bringing the deficit must be our priority.

:D

Good Times Bad Times
One of them will be on a Stairway To Heaven
The other shall get No Quarter.
Easy to work out who's who

For Thatcher's later years Dazed and Confused might be more appropriate...

Quote: Tursiops @ April 8 2013, 4:41 PM BST

For Thatcher's later years Dazed and Confused might be more appropriate...

And for her middle years - 'Evil Hearted You'

Quote: Shandonbelle @ April 8 2013, 4:24 PM BST

Sad, great contribution to the making of those albums, RIP.

Here's one of the tracks he produced-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_emq_NzO7H8

Stone the crows! You'd think she was flamin' Lady Macbeth the way some of youse lot are carrying on. What'd she ever do apart from tell the unions to pull their bloody heads in, and sell off the crappy economy, and go ter war to act tough? Only legit complaint I heard is that she never done anything for wimmin - she just behaved like a man, what with the teddy boy haircut and attitude. But I'll youse this, Asians in general - especially the sheilas, reckon she was a fair dinkum hero, no worries, cos she stood up to everyone. Most of me pommy mates reckon she was the devil incarnate. But that's a bit flamin' harsh. She was no bloody Maozaydung or Suharto or Pol Pot. Or no Joe Stalin or Hitler for that matter. You lot don't know when you're well off.

When I see people comparing her to Hitler, I do think they need to step back and get a bit of bloody perspective. I expect it makes Jewish people whose entire families were murdered by Nazis do a bit of a double take too.

Go and see what she left of the mining communities. Watch the police use batons to beat working men in front of their children for daring to ask for a living wage. Or ask why she gave Kenneth Oxford instructions to use guns on the unemployed black kids of Toxteth.

She was no Hitler only because she never got the chance and most of the Tories fawning over her on TV today are the same ones that tipped here out of office, its pathetic.
Ding Dong

Quote: Kenneth @ April 8 2013, 5:59 PM BST

Stone the crows! You'd think she was flamin' Lady Macbeth the way some of youse lot are carrying on. What'd she ever do apart from tell the unions to pull their bloody heads in, and sell off the crappy economy, and go ter war to act tough? Only legit complaint I heard is that she never done anything for wimmin - she just behaved like a man, what with the teddy boy haircut and attitude. But I'll youse this, Asians in general - especially the sheilas, reckon she was a fair dinkum hero, no worries, cos she stood up to everyone. Most of me pommy mates reckon she was the devil incarnate. But that's a bit flamin' harsh. She was no bloody Maozaydung or Suharto or Pol Pot. Or no Joe Stalin or Hitler for that matter. You lot don't know when you're well off.

Please - do not intrude on our national grief.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ April 8 2013, 6:11 PM BST

She was no Hitler only because she never got the chance and most of the Tories fawning over her on TV today are the same ones that tipped here out of office, its pathetic.
Ding Dong

Lol, I don't think she was planning on killing 6 million people.

Oh noes. A load of Thatcher tribute TV shows are going to be on tonight. THIS BETTER NOT AFFECT BROADCHURCH.

Quote: zooo @ April 8 2013, 6:25 PM BST

Lol, I don't think she was planning on killing 6 million people.

Maybe just a wee bit - if they were poor.

And preferably Scottish.

Hated the woman and everything she stood for

Her contempt for the British working classes was vile

That said , she's gone now and I hope she rests in peace