Not Going Out - Series 6 Page 4

Did I really write Time?

Quote: G180e @ April 2 2013, 8:17 PM BST

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4323718/Chaos-for-BBC1-comedy-Not-Going-Out-as-Tim-Vine-quits.html

If you read this, it says a series 7 has been ordered.

But it is The Sun.

This, however, is Lee Mack speaking to The British Comedy Guide:

"...in the next series - if we get one - we can introduce a new character. ... Just to be clear, we don't yet have another series."

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/not_going_out/special/ngo_series_6/

Quote: Aaron @ April 2 2013, 9:59 PM BST

But it is The Sun.

This, however, is Lee Mack speaking to The British Comedy Guide:

"...in the next series - if we get one - we can introduce a new character. ... Just to be clear, we don't yet have another series."

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/not_going_out/special/ngo_series_6/

Fair Enough. I think a series 7 will get commissioned though because the ratings are usually always high.

Yes. It is a fairly good bet.

Quote: Aaron @ April 3 2013, 3:13 PM BST

Yes. It is a fairly good bet.

Why is it Series 4 or 5 with Tim Vine in only had 6 episodes but as soon as he leaves we get 8 episodes to the series.

I really couldn't say. Might be coincidence, might be that Lee/Avalon wanted the extra episodes to give the new scenario a chance to settle in and become established with viewers.

Quote: Aaron @ April 3 2013, 3:21 PM BST

I really couldn't say. Might be coincidence, might be that Lee/Avalon wanted the extra episodes to give the new scenario a chance to settle in and become established with viewers.

I think Series 4 and 5 should have had 8 episodes. It's almost like as soon as Tim left they decided to do more episodes.

They may have found that without his wage to pay, they were already agreed on a fee from the BBC and had quite a hefty sum left over, thus enabling the production of 2 more episodes.

Quote: Aaron @ April 3 2013, 3:26 PM BST

They may have found that without his wage to pay, they were already agreed on a fee from the BBC and had quite a hefty sum left over, thus enabling the production of 2 more episodes.

Not that I'm Complaining. It's great to see an extended series of Not Going Out , which is a truly great sitcom. :D

I knew they would make a seventh series! Glad there's going to more Christmas specials too.

An excellent opener to the sixth series. I wasn't expecting it to work much without Tim Vine but it was hilarious.

Sweet baby Jesus that was hilarious. I didn't even notice the lack of Tim. And I do hope Lee's chosen to get Lee and Lucy together at the end of this series!

Excellent

Warren Burrows! Laughing out loud

Brilliant first episode. Just what I come to expect from NGO. I didn't notice the lack of Tim, I think Sally Bretton really shone with more screen time. I love the way they built up the scene in the pet shop, with the squeaky toy and the parrot. Also "it looks like someone paused Watership Down" Ha! Laughing out loud

This was my very first episode of NGO. I think Lee's acting skills leave a bit to desire...the whole production/performances is/are a bit sloppy (The man realising it's not Button before even looking into the bag...or the man recognising "Warren Burrows" from the rear end, for instance). So, I really tried NOT to find it funny or NOT laugh. I didn't succeed. There were so many great lines and gags...and macabre jokes (talk about animal cruelty) that I had to laugh out loud a few times.