The Sitcom Mission 2013 Page 10

Quote: WillT1984 @ March 21 2013, 4:37 PM GMT

J. Strikes me as the embittered sort, the type who rubs himself slowly whilst typing derogatory/ inflammatory posts. Must have been burned at some point by the comedy industry, methinks.

This is why Simon and Declan should position themselves as who they are and what they do as they can and let them speak for themselves.. rather than people like you calling other people wankers - which I suspect is not really helpful.

But your imaginations of what other people do when people are posting I guess is your own area of fun.

um... I've had a look at the guidelines, sorry if I've overlooked it, but do you require a synopsis or is it going to be cold-judged on the fifteen minutes?

Quote: brynne @ March 21 2013, 9:17 PM GMT

um... I've had a look at the guidelines, sorry if I've overlooked it, but do you require a synopsis or is it going to be cold-judged on the fifteen minutes?

If you'd like to send us a synopsis and character list then that's fine but we won't read them before we read the script. We read so many in previous years where the writer had put plenty of effort into polishing the synopsis and then written a terrible script that we gave up reading the synopses and only went back to them if we enjoyed the script.

Hope that helps.

I haven't looked at this forum since last April and I was just wondering if these posts have been cut and pasted or if Ground Hog day is upon us. A few questions:

Are any of you women?
Do any of you have children/jobs/lives?
How do you come with such hilarious monikers?- Big Knob/Spannertool etc.
Have you heard about the wee troubles in Syria?

Syria idiot!

Quote: Declan @ March 21 2013, 10:42 PM GMT

If you'd like to send us a synopsis and character list then that's fine but we won't read them before we read the script. We read so many in previous years where the writer had put plenty of effort into polishing the synopsis and then written a terrible script that we gave up reading the synopses and only went back to them if we enjoyed the script.

Hope that helps.

OK, thanks, The character list isn't important but to edit a 30 min script down to 15 might warrant some kind of context? I think I might have something. Thanks for this thread, much appreciated.

Brynne

Quote: kate wilson @ March 21 2013, 10:46 PM GMT

I haven't looked at this forum since last April and I was just wondering if these posts have been cut and pasted or if Ground Hog day is upon us. A few questions:

Are any of you women?
Do any of you have children/jobs/lives?
How do you come with such hilarious monikers?- Big Knob/Spannertool etc.
Have you heard about the wee troubles in Syria?

Hi Kate, and welcome to the forum. To answer your questions:

1. A fair few
2. A few/many/define "alive".
3. Afraid I'm not in a position to answer that, Kate.
4. Yes. Not a particularly ripe area for comedy though, at least far as I'm concerned. Why, do you have something you'd like us to critique?

Happy to help!

is there any particular format it should be written in?

Quote: brynne @ March 22 2013, 11:43 AM GMT

is there any particular format it should be written in?

Nope, and we'd prefer PDFs or Word docs. If you've got Final Draft, then save as a PDF, cheers.

And if you don't have Final Draft use a pdf pseudo-printer such as PDF995.

:)

... or cutepdf

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ March 22 2013, 1:17 PM GMT

cutepdf

Did you fall asleep on the keyboard again, like the person who came up with your family name?

Quote: David Bussell @ March 22 2013, 1:25 PM GMT

Did you fall asleep on the keyboard again, like the person who came up with your family name?

Oh! David.
Do you know nothing of knock-off software?

Quote: Lazzard @ March 22 2013, 1:31 PM GMT

Oh! David.
Do you know nothing of knock-off software?

I know, I know! I was just having a joke at the expense of Dan's entire lineage.

Now I look stupid.