Current radio comedy Page 113

Quote: Pingl @ December 28 2012, 10:56 PM GMT

a special hosted by Rory Bremener in which Toksvig and Hardy take on Punt and Dennis

It's desperate stuff, though, isn't it? Has there been anything worth laughing at yet?

Lol, I love that The Now Show managed to win despite the show being a complete mess.

Very excited for the return of Cabin Pressure on Wednesday :D

Will be listening to Cabin Pressure tonight. Also, has anyone else noticed that each episode is located in a place beginning with a different letter of the alphabet?

So far locations have been Abu Dhabi, Boston, Cremona, Douz, Edinburgh, Fitton, Gdansk, Helsinki, Ipswich, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Limerick, Molokai, Newcastle, Ottery St Mary, Paris, Qikiqtarjuaq, Rotterdam, St. Petersburg, Timbuktu and next week Uskerty. (Yes, I'm the only man in the world nerdy enough to have noticed this.)

I'm slightly worried because after this series they will only have the letter "Z" left to do. I'm guessing they'll probably make another special episode, but I hope that they won't stop the series because after they complete the alphabet.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ January 9 2013, 6:23 PM GMT

Will be listening to Cabin Pressure tonight. Also, has anyone else noticed that each episode is located in a place beginning with a different letter of the alphabet?

So far locations have been Abu Dhabi, Boston, Cremona, Douz, Edinburgh, Fitton, Gdansk, Helsinki, Ipswich, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Limerick, Molokai, Newcastle, Ottery St Mary, Paris, Qikiqtarjuaq, Rotterdam, St. Petersburg, Timbuktu and next week Uskerty. (Yes, I'm the only man in the world nerdy enough to have noticed this.)

I'm slightly worried because after this series they will only have the letter "Z" left to do. I'm guessing they'll probably make another special episode, but I hope that they won't stop the series because after they complete the alphabet.

A lot of Cabin Pressure fans already knew this.

Timbuktu was brilliant. Looking forward to the rest of the series!

Quote: Claire Hardiker @ January 10 2013, 3:31 AM GMT

A lot of Cabin Pressure fans already knew this.

Timbuktu was brilliant. Looking forward to the rest of the series!

Oh right. I didn't know that this was more commonly known - neither did Mark for that matter.

Who is this "Mark" you speak of...

;)

Yes, welcome back to Cabin Pressure. Not the greatest episode I have to say. Recycling Birling Day is fair enough but it felt recycled rather than offering any new spin on the scenario.

"scratches head in embarrassment"

This week's Clare in the Community was one of the best in a while. Almost the entire episode was a wonderfully performed two-hander, with one scene, seemingly about 20 minutes long between the characters Clare and Nali (Sally Philips and Nina Conti). One of the best radio sitcom scenes I heard in some time.

Yep. Clare is rarely less than good value. Cabin Pressure's adventures in Ireland were less than overwhelming for me, though. Some unusually lame material and some strange shifts of tone given the established style.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ January 24 2013, 10:31 AM GMT

This week's Clare in the Community was one of the best in a while. Almost the entire episode was a wonderfully performed two-hander, with one scene, seemingly about 20 minutes long between the characters Clare and Nali (Sally Philips and Nina Conti). One of the best radio sitcom scenes I heard in some time.

Personally I found it less engaging than usual, and hoped this week's would be more to my liking. It wasn't; gone were the surprises, and instead we had a serving of the Crushingly Obvious. Very disappointing, especially since in the past this has been brilliant.

Really liked this week's Cabin Pressure. A nice simple set-up and some good jokes. I think I'm going to start playing fizz buzz! :P

Mmmmm. Not sure that the couple of most recent Cabin Pressures have been up to the usual high standard. Sentiment is creeping into the mix more than it ever has before and I don't think it's Finnemore's strongest suit.