Current radio comedy Page 116

Great to have Down The Line back. Not a vintage episode, but still funnier than most radio comedy on at the moment.

Gave that another go tonight

Did not laugh once

Thought last nights 'Isy Suttys love letters' was nothing short of brilliant

Quote: chipolata @ May 1 2013, 9:49 PM BST

Great to have Down The Line back. Not a vintage episode, but still funnier than most radio comedy on at the moment.

Oh, is it back? Excellent, this is now one of my faves. Much better than the TV Series.

It's a Deal the only surviving episode of the 1961 Sid James vehicle on radio 4 extra today. It also stars June Whitfield and was a 13 part series, one show was found in the recent archive hunt.

Only five episodes of the news quiz. very unusual, it was originally intended to be eight according to iPlayer, which still says five of eight, but the Now Show replaces it next week. There has never been a series of five in the entire series? :(

There have been a fair few atypical length series on Radio 4 just lately. The old 6 set up doesn't seem quite as prevelant as it was.

Quote: Pingl @ May 14 2013, 2:07 AM BST

Only five episodes of the news quiz. very unusual, it was originally intended to be eight according to iPlayer, which still says five of eight, but the Now Show replaces it next week. There has never been a series of five in the entire series? :(

Bob Mills came across as a bit of an embarrassment.

Bob Mills is a ledge!

The little kid on Down the Line getting hit by her mom for not playing the piano properly was the funniest thing I've heard in ages. Still a great show.

Probably sacrilege but Isy Suttie gets on my nerves a bit. It's like drowning in kooky. I liked her when we first met her in Peep Show, but the more you see her the more she wears on your nerves.

Not exactly current, but laughing my socks off at Take it From Here. Never heard it before, really witty script from Muir and Norden.

Quote: chipolata @ May 17 2013, 10:34 AM BST

Probably sacrilege but Isy Suttie gets on my nerves a bit. It's like drowning in kooky. I liked her when we first met her in Peep Show, but the more you see her the more she wears on your nerves.

Ditto. A little bit goes a long way.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but what is that 'The Castle' crap?

Dunno

I pretty much ignore radio 4's 6.30pm slot now

It's a comedy graveyard

Sad ..

Quote: lofthouse @ June 27 2013, 8:41 PM BST

Dunno

I pretty much ignore radio 4's 6.30pm slot now

It's a comedy graveyard

Sad ..

Indeed.

Caught a bit of the Nicholas Lyndhurst one tonight. My First Planet is it?

Utter shite.