Things that piss you off Page 1,139

AJGO: Print that rant on a t-shirt and you're made!

There is a current LOL Cat avalanche on Facebook, apparently thanks to a new creation called 'Angry Cat'. Not only do I have four friends who continually post these up all day, every day, our mutual friends are then 'sharing' it, so I'm seeing the same unfunny meme at least 8 times a day.

:(

Is it all pics of that one particular cat that has a strange face?

Quote: zooo @ November 29 2012, 7:29 PM GMT

Is it all pics of that one particular cat that has a strange face?

Yep, this freak -

Funny at first, but the joke is getting real old, real quick. But thankfully, this is the Internet and everyone will move onto something equally annoying in a week's time.

EDIT: Weird, I posted in the image but it's not showing up on my post.

Weirdd. I can't see it either.

Quote: zooo @ November 29 2012, 7:41 PM GMT

Weirdd. I can't see it either.

Will try again. And I've just found out, it's called 'Grumpy Cat'.

Aw. Poor grumpy cat.
He is cute, but I agree, seeing it once is enough! Not every day.

Getting really tired of misplaced hyperbole on television reality shows. Just watched a bit of Masterchef (which pisses me off because even though I've just had my dinner, it's made me feel hungry again - the bastards!) and one of the chefs comes out with:

'That was the hardest thing I've ever done.'

Cooking four plates of food is the hardest thing you've ever done? Honestly? Really? No shitting?

Send these people to fight in Afghanistan now! Taking on a Taliban division armed with RPGs will seem like a walk in the park compared with making sure your panna cotta is wobbly enough.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 29 2012, 9:07 PM GMT

Getting really tired of misplaced hyperbole on television reality shows. Just watched a bit of Masterchef (which pisses me off because even though I've just had my dinner, it's made me feel hungry again - the bastards!) and one of the chefs comes out with:

Cooking four plates of food is the hardest thing you've ever done? Honestly? Really? No shitting?

Send these people to fight in Afghanistan now! Taking on a Taliban division armed with RPGs will seem like a walk in the park compared with making sure your panna cotta is wobbly enough.

Amen.

To be honest, trying to cook the food they do for pro judges probably would be the hardest thing I've ever done. I've had it easy, baby. Nice n' easy.

Quote: evan rubivellian @ November 29 2012, 6:23 PM GMT

AJGO: Print that rant on a t-shirt and you're made!

But for t-shirt size it'll have to be just the bit that says AJGO is a twat. I'll put you all down for several :D

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 29 2012, 9:07 PM GMT

I dunno, if I was told to prepare a sea urchin with Roux Jr's evil, psychotic-stare sioux chef bitch pulling faces every time I did something that wasn't 100% textbook, I'd find it pretty hard.

In that skills test, I'd have probably just put my willy inside the sea urchin, and explain to an annoyed Monica Galletti that I was confused due to "never having worked with one before".

However, I do hate the way they over-sell Roux Jr as the scary, take-no-shit Michelen Star head-chef in the heats. He's about the most amiable person on the TV.

In fact, I hope he takes over from Torode. Torode manages to appear a complete twat, despite being mostly found standing next to Gregg Wallace. If you look like a complete twat next to Gregg Wallace, you are a ten-kilotonne, 24-carat, code-red, 1st-class-with-honours, industrial-strength, 9.4 on the Richter scale, gold medal-winning twat.

>>Getting really tired of misplaced hyperbole.../

I get tired of if in real life. Sometimes I'm out with people, we'll do a few things, some things better than others, you know, a typical OKish time...but when I hear them tell others about it, suddenly they say it was a fantastic adventure, the movie was the best ever, the food was divine, everything was marvellous, gorgeous, hyperbolic. Actually I'm not quite sure why I find it so annoying (apart from the fact that I'm a grump), any ideas?

Quote: AJGO @ November 29 2012, 1:41 AM GMT

Over nine hours after your first post you were informed that

but you've chosen not to bother to look at your previous responses, which is rude, or you've chosen to ignore sound advice from an established member of this highly-regarded comedy forum, which is rude.

Life is harsh, this industry is harsher, but if you can't be bothered to even pretend to portray yourself as someone with basic manners who is capable of conducting themself professionally then please have the good grace to not log on in a few years time to whinge about how you haven't made it for some reason or another.
It'll be because no matter how talented you are, and I haven't clicked on your links because despite this being a comedy forum, without knowing anything else about you it's the same as a virus to me, no-one will want to work with you because you don't bother to engage with your peers and fellow comedy afficionados and people who if you portrayed yourself well enough may actually be in a position now or in the future to make a connection with you if your work is decent.

You have at least tried to be ingenuous with your choice of threads, and I'm sorry for taking out on you specifically my frustration regarding various posters, but even if I sound out of order it is genuinely good advice to not seem like a self-absorbed spamming prick.
Anyone else who's thinking of posting without giving anything to the BCG boards; you look like the back pages adverts of a random local paper where some con-artist promises 'earn !!!pounds!!!, no qualifications necessary, full training provided'.
The sad bit is, talented and successful people do frequent this site. You've just made yourself look as much of a twat as I have for posting this rant.

Come off it, AJGO, at least he didn't stumble upon it on the internet, realise it was the funniest thing in the multiverse ever and so simply had to join this forum to share it with us.

Otherwise, top rant and completely valid.

Have a read of these two posts as well:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/26245#P936278

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/26246#P936280

Makes matey seem tame.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 29 2012, 7:18 PM GMT

There is a current LOL Cat avalanche on Facebook, apparently thanks to a new creation called 'Angry Cat'. Not only do I have four friends who continually post these up all day, every day, our mutual friends are then 'sharing' it, so I'm seeing the same unfunny meme at least 8 times a day.

:(

Things that piss you off?

1) Internet memes full stop.

2) The very word 'meme'.

3) People who write 'full stop' at the end of a sentence to make a point. Period.

Quote: AJGO @ November 30 2012, 1:14 AM GMT

But for t-shirt size it'll have to be just the bit that says AJGO is a twat. I'll put you all down for several :D

No, you're lovely and you know it!

If I had to choose a section, I'd go for the "this is a highly-regarded comedy forum" bit! In fact, that's going to be my catchphrase until futher notice.

Geek

Ignatius: I completely agree with you about the word "meme". There's something deeply annoying about it. Tell you what, let's start a rumour that the correct pronunciation of the word is "me-me". That'll put the cat among the intellectual pigeons.