Only Fools and Horses - the best episode Page 7

Of the Christmas specials I would plump for 'Jolly Boys Outing' and non Christmas special 'Chain Gang'.

Probably not the very funniest OFAH episodes but I've always liked the Slater ones the best. He was such a fantastically nasty character and there was a real darkness to a Slater episode. They broke up the run of lighter episodes very well too. And had the great Jim Broadbean in them.

Used to be Heroes and Villains but nowadays I favour Jolly Boys Outing. Has a touch of everything, all the cast are featured, lots of backstory, some great visual gags and it's bloody funny too.

Quote: dennispennis123 @ August 22 2012, 1:37 AM BST

Used to be Heroes and Villains but nowadays I favour Jolly Boys Outing. Has a touch of everything, all the cast are featured, lots of backstory, some great visual gags and it's bloody funny too.

ya, super, for sure! Let me run this past you: You really can't go far wrong with "Jolly Boys Outing"! Great great episode.

I love Jolly Boys and To Hull and Back

" So that's how you got to Hull?"

. . . . . .

:)

My best ever ep is The Jolly Boys Outing - PERFECT episode. Had all the characters in it, and it was so cool to see all the lads together behaving like kids. Plus the script was the best, there was so many plots going on. I'll never forget Rodney on the phone to Cassandra - "Look Cas I know Del isn't perfect but not everything he touches goes wrong!(BOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!)Cas....our bus has just blown up."

Jolly Boys Outing, Time On Our Hands, and Miami Twice. These are the best.

Quote: kall @ August 28 2012, 10:34 PM BST

Jolly Boys Outing, Time On Our Hands, and Miami Twice. These are the best.

waheeeey, I'm not the only one who doesn't hate Miami Twice. And Jolly Boys Outing is really great.

I found Miami Twice funny.

Quote: kall @ August 29 2012, 8:36 PM BST

Me too...but you get tared and feathered for that in this forum. ;) Laughing out loud

Miami Twice seems to be a very unpopular episode if you look at the Best OFAH episode thread. But in my opinion Heroes & Villains (despite including the great Batman & Robin scene) is much worse in my opinion.

Quote: kall @ August 29 2012, 8:36 PM BST

It's about as funny as a poor episode of Gardener's Question Time on Radio 4.

IMO ( and that of many others )

Quote: Oldrocker @ August 30 2012, 12:06 AM BST

It's about as funny as a poor episode of Gardener's Question Time on Radio 4.

IMO ( and that of many others )

Don Occhetti was great fun.

Sal: It's true, Don Occhetti, this guy looks just like you.

Don: You know, last year I went to the zoo and Is saw a camel that looked just like your mother but I didn't invite it home and put it in the guest suite!

Series 1: Cash And Curry
Series 2: Llosing Streak
Series 3: Who's A Pretty Boy
Series 4: Hole In One
Series 5: Tea For Three
Series 6: Danger UXD
Series 7: Three Men, A Woman And A Baby (favourite ever)
Specials: Fatal Extraction

Quote: whatkindoffoolami @ November 19 2012, 1:08 PM GMT

Series 1: Cash And Curry
Series 2: Llosing Streak
Series 3: Who's A Pretty Boy
Series 4: Hole In One
Series 5: Tea For Three
Series 6: Danger UXD
Series 7: Three Men, A Woman And A Baby (favourite ever)
Specials: Fatal Extraction

Absolutely disagree with "Fatal Extraction"...one of the all time lows for OFAH imo. Otherwise, good choices.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ November 19 2012, 1:31 PM GMT

Absolutely disagree with "Fatal Extraction"...one of the all time lows for OFAH imo. Otherwise, good choices.

Fatal Extraction was the episode that got me into Fools And Horses, so it's a bit of a sentimental choice. I probably agree with you there are better specials, Heroes And Villans, Frog's Legacy and being from Hull myself, To Hull And Back.

Still some great bits in Fatal Extraction though, when Del stands in the beans, and Trigger ordering the porridge in Syd's café after seeing it's full of hairs.