Only Fools and Horses - the best episode Page 4

I always loved the Jim Broadbent episodes.

Yeah Jim Broadbent was fab in OFAH, love the first episode he did when Rodney takes him back to the flat to meet Del and Grandad and they all get arrested.

Quote: Eat_My_Shirts @ September 11 2008, 5:46 PM BST

I like the episode called 'The Longest Night', where Rodney, Del boy and Uncle Albert spend the night in a supermarket. Very funny episode.

My favourite episode too............they seek him here, they seek him there etc..........that damded elusive sha-ad-ow..it's got Jim Branning from EastEnders in it as the security guard too.

Quote: CHUNDA @ September 12 2008, 4:21 PM BST

My favourite episode too............they seek him here, they seek him there etc..........that damded elusive sha-ad-ow..it's got Jim Branning from EastEnders in it as the security guard too.

:D Laughing out loud I love Vas Blackwood. Great comedy actor. He was really good in 'Lock Stock & two smoking barrels'.

He's the best thing in that episode. I like it when he helps the old woman get something off the supermarket shelf.

Mine would probably be 'The Jolly Boys Outing' and the one where Rodney wins the art competition in the under 14's category, but there really are some brilliant episodes besides these 2.

It dragged on far too long but the early years were very good. Some Albert episodes too, but for the most part they started flogging a dead horse with Raquel, kids, miscarriages, etc. It became like a soap opera- therefore mostly shit and not funny anymore.

Anyway I really liked the poker episode when Del plays Boycie and the one when they go to Benidorm. Go West Young Man (2nd espiode of 1st series) was amongst the best. Appart from that The Hull one was good, one of the best. I also liked the card school one and the 'Arnie' one (fake heart attack). I didn't like the Jolly Boys episode much at all. I much preferred them with Grandad too.

Quote: Jackson Neil @ February 19 2009, 4:07 PM GMT

really liked the poker episode when Del plays Boycie

Really? I literally cannot watch that. Awful episode IMO.

Quote: Jackson Neil @ February 19 2009, 4:07 PM GMT

the one when they go to Benidorm.

Eh? I don't recall that at all.

Quote: Aaron @ February 19 2009, 4:24 PM GMT

Eh? I don't recall that at all.

"It Never Rains" - series 2.

Oh thaaaaat one. Yes.

It Never Rains, a true classic episode.

Series 2 and 3 were great. I like 'Homesick', particularly the bit where Rodney falls off his chair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdrb6DgSAZc

Yes, as Russell Brand quite rightly once said, Series 2 and 3 captured the show in its very peak.

The Grandad years.

Series 3 and 4 are my faves. I don't think the show was *quite* at its peak in S2, although it's still brill of course.

'Who's a Pretty Boy?' and 'Thicker Than Water' are lol start-to-finish eps, but there are plenty more. 'Hole in One' is a crackerjack too.

Have a soft spot for 4 'cos I think they handled Lennard Pearce's death wonderfully well, plus IMO Jason and Lyndhurst's performances were at their best.

A brilliant show, I feel somewhat dismissed on the Internet these days. Seems to be a feeling that it's rather lowbrow or something, least that's the impression I get. It's largely ignored on quite a few message boards.