Official BCG Christmas drinks - 7th December Page 7

Quote: reds @ November 8 2012, 12:11 PM GMT

You're right I'm such a slacker. So after applying for the Friday and Saturday off, I'll leave here on Thursday night my time, get to London and sleep for a few hours, attend the drinks. Then get back on plane Saturday morning Uk time. Should arrive back in Aus on Sunday which will give me just enough time to get over the jet leg before returning to Work Tuesday.

Piece of piss.
You want to try getting in from Shropshire.

It seems that I might be able to make it. If I do turn up I'll be the large one with an armful of crappy records that I've just bought.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 4 2012, 10:22 PM GMT

Apparently you used to - before the 'accident'. :P

As I've had several BCG Members asking if I've ever met you and when I say no, they are surprised because they met you once.

I've met Zoo. She's better on the telly. Doesn't speak at all, just sits in the corner fondling Aaron.

Quote: Ben @ October 11 2012, 7:55 AM BST

I hope that Godot Taxis makes it.

I'm tempted to come just to see if all the people who ignore me online can manage it in real life.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ November 8 2012, 3:57 PM GMT

I'm tempted to come just to see if all the people who ignore me online can manage it in real life.

Now, that's not very nice, is it? I think a far more constructive use of your time would be to see how may BCG Members you could get to flounce out of the pub.

Whistling nnocently

I hear on the grapevine that Matt Stott may make it. Would be exciting to finally see Godot and Stott face to face. Godot staring at his past and Stott at his future.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Ben @ November 8 2012, 8:11 PM GMT

I hear on the grapevine that Matt Stott may make it. Would be exciting to finally see Godot and Stott face to face. Godot staring at his past and Stott at his future.

And it's Christmas too, so the effect would be delightfully Dickensian!

I'd probably just 'Looper' the f**ker. Spend my Gold on keping us all in drink and food for the night.

Would be exciting to finally see Godot and Stott face to face.

It'll be like a goddam SpecSavers convention with all the four eyed a-speckiness a-going on.

If trouble does flare between Stott and Godot, I'll put the kettle on quick smart and fog our way out of trouble.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 9 2012, 12:55 PM GMT

It'll be like a goddam SpecSavers convention with all the four eyed a-speckiness a-going on.

If trouble does flare between Stott and Godot, I'll put the kettle on quick smart and fog our way out of trouble.

:D Don't tell me you don't need glasses. You're just too tight to pay for an eyetest.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 9 2012, 12:14 PM GMT

I'd probably just 'Looper' the f**ker. Spend my Gold on keping us all in drink and food for the night.

This post sums up everything that irritates me about you - tedious cultural reference, predictable action/suggestion, no humour. I don't know how you manage it.

Laughing out loud

I'm backing out of the meet-up, apologies.

Actually, would you be able to 'Maybe' me, please Ellie?

For some reason my colleague has decided to leave his job. He could have left at any time in the past 14 years but he's decided to leave now and organize his leaving drinks on the one day that I wanted to come to the BCG drinks.

I bet he won't even turn up - he doesn't turn up to anyone else's leaving do. If it turns out that no decent people are going to his then I'll come to the BCG.

Would you credit it!

Only yesterday was I thinking that I would at last be able to make one of these then I get an email that says the radio station has two planned training sessions, one of which I must attend in order for me to keep broadcasting. The second is during office hours and I can't get the time off and the first is, you've guessed it, on Thursday 7th, from 6.30 to 9.30pm. Angry

Bugger! Teary

7th is a Friday, Tuumble.