Official BCG Christmas drinks - 7th December Page 6

Holborns a short tube ride.

I'm sure someone will be prepared to hold your hand.

Besides Euston is a shit hole filled with overflow northeners, shouting in incomprehensible accents and goggling at the bright lights.

I know I'm in that London when I arrive in Euston dying for a wee and have to bloody pay!

30p for a piss.

Takes the piss.

That said the bogs are usually in good order and with the number of pissheads and tramps in Euston, that must be a truly Herculean effort.

I wouldn't mind too much but I have a dread of those turnstile thingies, can imagine getting mangled, so if I'm a no show on the night...

I get through and I'm bigger than you.

But they are barbaric.

Quote: sootyj @ November 5 2012, 5:36 PM GMT

And you'll be there of course?

Friday night dinner Sooty. I'll drop you a text once it's done and if I can come over I will.

Like on the comedy show?

Quote: Shandonbelle @ November 5 2012, 5:54 PM GMT

I wouldn't mind too much but I have a dread of those turnstile thingies, can imagine getting mangled, so if I'm a no show on the night...

Go upstairs to the pub, the loos are free up there.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ November 5 2012, 5:47 PM GMT

I know I'm in that London when I arrive in Euston dying for a wee and have to bloody pay!

Get to St. Pan if you can make it! All free there.

The Spend A Penny In That London Guide...we may be on to something.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ November 5 2012, 5:54 PM GMT

When I was travelling I had a large wheely bag, a backback and sometimes a small satchel and still managed to squeeze through. Just don't stop to answer your phone in the middle of going through and you will be fine :P

Would love to come but as always the commute is long and expensive.

There's just no commitment from you Reds. You could at least fly over for the meet. It's only 24 hours one way.

Quote: L.E. @ November 8 2012, 11:52 AM GMT

There's just no commitment from you Reds. You could at least fly over for the meet. It's only 24 hours one way.

You're right I'm such a slacker. So after applying for the Friday and Saturday off, I'll leave here on Thursday night my time, get to London and sleep for a few hours, attend the drinks. Then get back on plane Saturday morning Uk time. Should arrive back in Aus on Sunday which will give me just enough time to get over the jet leg before returning to Work Tuesday.

Perfect. Nice long weekend. Plus you'll catch up on a load of films.