Status report Page 4,871

I'm getting cold here with my top off! wanders off mumbling....

You could hang a coat off those nips.

I think it's a problem created by allowing a few select members too much rein ("because that's just the way they are") which encourages others to follow in their cum-soaked footsteps. It's a bit like the broken window theory. Probably.

Quote: Harridan @ November 16 2012, 11:04 AM GMT

It's a cumulative thing. Your comment was just the most recent of dozens I've read on here in the last few days. On its own it's not that bad (it is sexist, though) but combined with every bloody other thread...

All forums have their own character and personality a conglomeration of the voices singing in it's collective choir.

This will often reflect the conglomerate voices of those involved and their interests. So for example I can't stand Chortle as it reflects for me all to much "angry comedy," or for that matter "penny arcade" which focuses on a dreary form of intellectual comedy.

BCG is juvenile, purile comedy. That stretches back to Cahucer's bums out of windows and chickens discussing laxatives. It is that it is and in many ways it is Jeremy Clarkson The eternally repressed and immature school boy.

I dunno amuses me during a dull day at work

Quote: zooo @ November 16 2012, 11:12 AM GMT

You could hang a coat off those nips.

Like pygmies cocks!

*level of discourse raised, Bussell dons his fedora and walks off down a cobbled alley accompanied by ground-hugging fog and sonorous saxophone*

Quote: Badge @ November 16 2012, 11:15 AM GMT

It's a bit like the broken window theory. Probably.

I know what you mean. I see a broken window and I just gotta jerk it.

Quote: David Bussell @ November 16 2012, 11:17 AM GMT

Like pygmies cocks!

*level of discourse raised, Bussell dons his fedora and walks off down a cobbled alley accompanied by ground-hugging fog and sonorous saxophone*

I know what you mean. I see a broken widow and I just gotta jerk it.

You Victorian monster you!

Quote: sootyj @ November 16 2012, 11:16 AM GMT

All forums have their own character and personality a conglomeration of the voices singing in it's collective choir.

This will often reflect the conglomerate voices of those involved and their interests. So for example I can't stand Chortle as it reflects for me all to much "angry comedy," or for that matter "penny arcade" which focuses on a dreary form of intellectual comedy.

BCG is juvenile, purile comedy. That stretches back to Cahucer's bums out of windows and chickens discussing laxatives. It is that it is and in many ways it is Jeremy Clarkson The eternally repressed and immature school boy.

I dunno amuses me during a dull day at work

I wasn't suggesting that everyone starts being all mature around here, but there are ways of making silly puerile jokes that don't diminish and degrade women.

I didn't mean to start a big discussion, it's just that I've noticed a big change here in the month or so I've been away.

What is this becoming, The Chinese Comedy Guide? Huh, huh?!

Really? The BCG is a big soft lump of potters clay; grasp it with both hands and force it into the shape you want it to be. Most people here are pretty apathetic and will go along with what ever anyone does enthusiastically.

I always like the soft touch approach Aaron et al take. The future of BCG is in your hand; so seize that nettle and split that infinitive!

Quote: Harridan @ November 16 2012, 11:22 AM GMT

I wasn't suggesting that everyone starts being all mature around here, but there are ways of making silly puerile jokes that don't diminish and degrade women.

I didn't mean to start a big discussion, it's just that I've noticed a big change here in the month or so I've been away.

Oh God that's about when I started posting. I have lowered the tone haven't I, my wife is always saying whereever you go the tone lowers. Sorry :$

**Subject Change**

This is a long shot, but does anyone happen to know what the anthropological terms 'thick' and 'thin' cultures mean? Google just keeps giving me waffle. Any anthropologists in the room?

Quote: Pingl @ November 16 2012, 11:39 AM GMT

Oh God that's about when I started posting. I have lowered the tone haven't I, my wife is always saying whereever you go the tone lowers. Sorry :$

I'm sure it's not, you seem lovely :)

Quote: Harridan @ November 16 2012, 11:40 AM GMT

**Subject Change**

This is a long shot, but does anyone happen to know what the anthropological terms 'thick' and 'thin' cultures mean? Google just keeps giving me waffle. Any anthropologists in the room?

I can safely say I have never heard that term before!

Any context?

Quote: zooo @ November 16 2012, 11:46 AM GMT

I can safely say I have never heard that term before!

And you have dinosaurs in your avatar!! :O

**Subject Change**

This is a long shot, but does anyone happen to know what the anthropological terms 'thick' and 'thin' cultures mean?

IS PROBERBLY DICKS AND THAT INNIT! LOLZ!!!!1!!!
Laughing out loud

**Subject Change**

I'm sure it's not, you seem lovely :)

Thats because I'm on special medication :)