Peep Show - Series 8

Does anyone know when the new series is starting? I read it was meant to be early November. Can't wait for it!

(Sorry if someone else has already started a series 8 thread- I couldn't find it.)

Schedules have been released nearly up to the end of the month now without any mention of it. I can only assume they're looking toward a more Christmassy launch.

Maybe it will be similar to last time where they have a Christmas & New Year ep.

I think it starts 25th November

I'm sure one of the writers mentioned a November broadcast date on Twitter...

The El Dude brothers!!!

*Wahhhhh Wahhhhhhhhhhh*

Favourite show ever. Bar none.

I am waiting for a shite series to finally happen. Series 5 sailed a bit close to the wind (albeit with some classic moments - "I'm going to pretend I am watching 'Heat'" etc.), and Series 7 just about survived (despite the Christmas episode being possibly the worst ever IMHO).

I thought the last series was fantastic.

The plots may have become a tad more contrived as it's gone along but it's still the best Britcom around IMO.
Always a painful joy to watch.

Quote: Ben @ November 8 2012, 10:22 PM GMT

I thought the last series was fantastic.

I think the hospital episode was OK, the middle of the series was excellent, and the final episode was OK.

One thing they did well was avoid it becomming 'serious', grown-up and sentimental after the baby. The tactic seemed to be to basically ignore the baby; apart from the birth episode, of course. I hope that continues in Series 8.

I still hated the Christmas episode though. It just seemed to lack any of the elements that make 99% of Peep Show episodes brilliant.

Series 6 is still my favourite of the 'later' series. Wank bullet FTW.

Let's face it, Peep Show is head and shoulders above most of the crap that gets shown. Niggles aside it is long running for a good reason; it is funny, well acted, well scripted and these characters keep the audience wanting more.

It's a bit depressing that two years ago the only decent British sitcoms on telly were Peep Show and The Thick Of It. Fast forward two years and the only two decent British sitcoms on telly are Peep Show and The Thick Of It.

Quote: chipolata @ November 9 2012, 10:13 AM GMT

It's a bit depressing that two years ago the only decent British sitcoms on telly were Peep Show and The Thick Of It. Fast forward two years and the only two decent British sitcoms on telly are Peep Show and The Thick Of It.

Yea and it looks like the Thick of It is finished.

And Moone Boy. And Hunderby. And Grandma's House. And Friday Night Dinner.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 9 2012, 10:16 AM GMT

Haven't seen Moone Boy, the rest of them not keen. Are you seriously putting these in the same league as Peep Show?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 9 2012, 10:16 AM GMT

Laughing out loud
Stott and his jokes!