Jimmy Savile Page 18

Quote: sootyj @ October 8 2012, 3:57 PM BST

And as for all these whining victims coming out from the woodshed. Who said nothing whilst he was alive and allowed others to suffer.
I'd make them give their Daily Mail payments to charity and have them flogged.

I don't know the full stories of these women/kids any more than you, but I reckon it's more likely they've emerged from a fog of fear and self-loathing that's lasted years, or decades. Now, finally, they feel they can speak out and be believed and you want to flog them?

Quote: sootyj @ October 8 2012, 7:04 PM BST

Entirely serious they looked on knowing he was almost certainly carrying on his wicked ways. And waited till he was thoroughly dead before bleating for profit.
I despise the deification of victims in our society.

So flog them?

Quote: sootyj @ October 8 2012, 7:42 PM BST

All it takes for evil to flourish is for men of good conciense to stand idly by.

But you can help it along by flogging victims of sexual abuse.

look , this is all getting a bit serious !! this supposed to be a COMEDY forum fgs !
and what I want to know is originally , who fingered jimmy ? or is that the other way round ?

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ October 8 2012, 7:26 PM BST

I just cannot believe this: we're talking about vulnerable children here, who were so frightened and intimidated during Savile's lifetime that they dare not speak out in public.. plus, the fact, allegedly, that many DID report it to parents/teachers etc., but were rebuffed and in some cases even punished for daring to accuse such a "kind goodly man" of such crimes.. and let's face it, they were crimes. This male-oriented reaction of "you must take responsibility for your own actions/inactions", turning the focus of blame back onto the female victim is an anachronism that should be locked firmly away in the vaults of the annals of history. I, for one, hope they (the victims) get all the money they can get.. and that Savile's estate is broken up and redistributed, so that in death, unlike in his life, some good may come out of the monstrous acts that he perpetrated.

One more thing: it is mooted that the BBC may hold an inquiry into the allegations of sex crimes within its walls. This must NOT be allowed to happen: the BBC must NOT be left to investigate itself. An outside independent body must be commissioned to do that job, for reasons that I hope are abundantly clear.

STT I don't always agree with you but yes.

Quote: sootyj @ October 8 2012, 9:57 PM BST

I do blame them for taking advantage of the collective fascination with perversion after Jimmy was dead.

I don't think it is your call.

Quote: slarnder @ October 8 2012, 11:18 PM BST

look , this is all getting a bit serious !! this supposed to be a COMEDY forum fgs !
and what I want to know is originally , who fingered jimmy ? or is that the other way round ?

fgs? Plus what the f**k are you asking?

fgs, I would wager, is 'for God's sake'.

Quite surprised by some of sooty's posts. I had him down as an impossibly wishy-washy liberal, but now he seems to be advocating a lack of care toward victims that is normally characterised as far-right Tory or Thatcherite? Very odd.

I assumed sooty was doing one of his stirring/pretending to believe something ridiculous/almost convincing himself things.

Usually he very much defends victims due to his line of work, so I don't buy this sudden rant at all.

Could be wrong!

Yes makes sense, and I don't know, I honestly was chatting to some old guys in the pub tonight who seemed to be saying good old Jimmy wasn't doing anything that was that wrong.. and that is now not back then etc.. There are some weird people about as gets revealed in really bad ways... its more common than should be - obviously - but more light needs to be shined!

Quote: zooo @ October 9 2012, 1:52 AM BST

I assumed sooty was doing one of his stirring/pretending to believe something ridiculous/almost convincing himself things.

Usually he very much defends victims due to his line of work, so I don't buy this sudden rant at all.

Could be wrong!

THats RCP

Quote: don rushmore @ October 6 2012, 11:55 PM BST

I used to teach an undercover surveillance course - espionage etc, Jim Rockford shit. And in my professional opinion that recording is fake.

Why? At no point do the voices overlap.

They do actually. Only slightly, but they do. And I don't really see your point...even the most numptiest of numbskulls these days can multitrack audio using something as basic as Windows Movie Maker or iMovie.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ October 8 2012, 4:55 PM BST

At some point over the next 30 years, we're going to start hearing stories about how some of the boy band members of the last 20 years f**ked underage fans.

I bet you a million pounds each.

Let's face it, they're all at it and they always have been. Musicians, singers, actors, even just sad pissed-up blokes out on the pull. It's just the idea of Savile's hoary old face bearing down on some starstruck young lass that fills us with horror.

If it was David Beckham he'd probably get a slap on the back and a f**king award from Nuts magazine.

Quote: Marc P @ October 9 2012, 1:04 AM BST

I don't think it is your call.

Neither is it yours.

Do you ever do anything practical about these issues you periodically feel strongly about?

Quote: zooo @ October 9 2012, 1:52 AM BST

Could be wrong!

I pretty much always in some form or another post what I actually think.

But I guess I don't always do it with enough clarity.

I know exactly what I mean, shame I can't always say it.

Quote: Marc P @ October 9 2012, 1:54 AM BST

Yes makes sense, and I don't know, I honestly was chatting to some old guys in the pub tonight who seemed to be saying good old Jimmy wasn't doing anything that was that wrong.. and that is now not back then etc..

The again Norfolk is twinned with Pitcairn.

Quote: sootyj @ October 9 2012, 8:21 AM BST

Neither is it yours.

Do you ever do anything practical about these issues you periodically feel strongly about?

yes I write hilarious sketches. Sorry for sometimes feeling strongly about things, now you have pointed it out I can see that it is wrong.

Quote: sootyj @ October 8 2012, 8:01 PM BST

That's all I have to say on the subject.

Crosses fingers.

Marc lets hope none of the villains in your books use sarcasm as a murder weapon.

I think you might have to buy some assistance in for it.

Yes that was a much better usage sooty. You win.

When people disagree, only chaos wins.

Quote: sootyj @ October 9 2012, 10:25 AM BST

chaos wins.

nb the poor sod I feel sorry for is Jonathon King.

He broke an unjust law (repealed 30 years later) and wound up a year the wrong side of the gay age of consent. And went to prison for a sentence you usually get for maiming someone or bank robbery.

Saville breaks a just law (never repealed) and never gets his collar felt properly.

I think there's so much bull shit and hypocracy perhaps whats needed a Truth and Reconsiliation comission for nonces. Arch Bish RowanWilliams hears the evidence, everybody involved gives evidence. And the very worst get tried.

The rest, well we acknowledge what they did was wrong and move on with our lives.