Newsjack - Series 7 Page 11

Yep, congrats everyone, especially 3songs, what a hit-rate.

OMG, Cheers! The correction didn't make it, but everything else did. Unbelievably ecstatic!

I was very surprised and excited to get the email inviting me to join them on Tuesday, but it was a great experience and I learned a lot from the day. It's just made me hungry for more now. :)

Great work 3songs, you've got to be happy with that!

Btw - Is the writers' list up anywhere? Can't seem to find it on the website.

Well done Jamie. Any debrief points to share?

Anyone else invited?

Congrats to everyone who got work in.

Quote: StephenM @ September 20 2012, 11:56 PM BST

Great work 3songs, you've got to be happy with that!

Btw - Is the writers' list up anywhere? Can't seem to find it on the website.

That's here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00kvs8r/features/episode-one

Thanks Crake!

Congratulations to everyone who got on. I actually got a one liner on myself last night, although as I didn't get an email confirmation, only found out when I listened to the show on iPlayer. Looks like there is still hope even when you don't hear anything Thursday evening :)

First sketch two sketches written for Monday, one of them good enough to submit. Now just to write several more, submit the best three, wait three days for a reply and then cry when I don't get on. God I love the writing process.

David, that Shins sketch is great. The waders line especially!

Quote: Alakazam @ September 19 2012, 11:20 PM BST

I wrote Prince Albert's Shins. (And when I wrote it I thought the topless duchess was an 'And Finally' story. Only after I'd submitted did I see the papers and realise it was the most important thing to have happened ever.)

Actually think it was Alakazam who wrote Prince Albert's shins. Am I right?

(David's sketch was Battleship PotemkiNewsjack)

Quote: StephenM @ September 21 2012, 6:06 PM BST

Actually think it was Alakazam who wrote Prince Albert's shins. Am I right?

(David's sketch was Battleship PotemkiNewsjack)

You are entirely right. Much as I would love to claim "shins" it wasn't me. (Just reread that last sentence...)

I didn't get anything in, but it was my first time. I've heard the show tonight and I think I know what to expect a bit more now. So will try again for the next one!

I'm on much better form this week. I've already written eleven one liners and a sketch.

Impressive GD. I'm trying to write a few lines now, but not really getting anywhere. The closest I've got to a joke so far is:

The mascot for the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow has been revealed as a thistle, as the city is full of pricks.

It won't make the cut :)