Little Miss Jocelyn Page 7

Quote: David Chapman @ January 23, 2008, 8:22 PM

I think I said a mate of mine supposedly had an extras part so I watched the second - but if he did I'll just believe it because I don't want to prove it.

Oh don't mind me.

I just think if people say they hate it and aren't gonna watch it anymore, then they should stick to there guns.

Otherwise after each episode it's basically the same sentence every time in the thread.

That was awful etc etc.

I know what you mean. You hate something, and then you think ("hang on, I might be wrong"), so then you watch it the next episode, only to learn that you were right.

Quote: Cecil Van Percywinks @ January 23, 2008, 11:05 PM

I know what you mean. You hate something, and then you think ("hang on, I might be wrong"), so then you watch it the next episode, only to learn that you were right.

Well yea there is that but I also believe there are some people who have already shitted on it so watch again just to shit on it again.

Makes you look foolish IMO.

Quote: Cecil Van Percywinks @ January 23, 2008, 11:05 PM

That was me with Flight of the Conchords. Thought I must have missed something, since everyone else was loving it so much.

But no, I hadn't. It really was that shit.

I gave up on it before it got onto BBC2, then decided to give the first episode a go, in case they've employed some writers for her or something.

No.

Still shit.

I will be available to rehash that opinion on request, should anyone so desire.

Quote: Richard Wells @ January 23, 2008, 6:42 PM

Well if it really is as bad as people on here think it is then surely it won't be given a 3rd series.

I admit last week's episode kinda sucked but I thought the first week was pretty good, Nothing I'd go out of my way to watch though.

Though I bet the same people who shitted on the programme the first week still watched it the 2nd week so they could shit on it even more.

And I guess that will continue because that's how silly some people are.

Ha! Not me, I hereby promise never to watch anything that she is appearing in again.

Apparently this show is now 'BAFTA Nominated.'

Suddenly Ricky Gervais 7 BAFTA's don't look so impressive!

Laughing out loud

Unless there's a new BAFTA for Most Pathetic Excuse for a Comedy?

Bloody Awful F**king Tripe Award.

I do hope they commission another series. Where would we be without this thread?

Significantly more confident with the current state of British comedy?

Fair point, but in a sort of Blitz Spirit for the BSG, the disdain for LMJ unites a troubled nation.

LOL, yes, very good point. Laughing out loud

i've watched LMJ a couple of times and wasn't really impressed - i found it far too loud and aggressive. even if there was the odd idea that had potential to be funny, the OTT-ness of it all would really put me off.
i don't know if it was commissioned because of tokenism though - i just thought that the commissoners saw what a success catherine tate was and immediately commissioned the next vaguely catherine tate-like show they were pitched, which turned out to be LMJ.

Mm, possibly. There are some good ideas there, and interesting characters (albeit sparse), but they've just forgotten to put in any jokes. :(