The Sitcom Mission 2012 Page 57

Quote: richiemoomoo @ February 25 2012, 5:32 PM GMT

Semi-controversial question alert: is last year's winner able to submit an entry this year? Is it possible to win twice?

If they won last year and still have to enter this year because their career hasn't moved on then what's the point in entering any year?

Nobody has to enter any year.

Nor, necessarily, is everyone who enters looking to make writing a career.

Quote: bighead65 @ February 26 2012, 11:06 AM GMT

Simon? When you read the scripts, do you read the whole thing whether its brilliant or rubbish, or do you throw them away after the first page not knowing they could be brilliant by page three?

Reading scripts is a bit like channel hopping. You don't watch a programme all the way through and then decide whether you liked it or not.

Having said that, we give absolutely everything a fair chance. We'd never reject anything on a bad first page, or even five pages that didn't grab us.

Though if you're a third of the way through something and you still don't like it, chances are you never will.

Just re-read my entry.

I'd changed one character from potential love interest of the protagonist to his sister. But unfortunately I forgot to remove the direction "Oliver and Melanie hug a little too enthusiastically, then pull back embarrassed".

So it's gone from being a gentle, warm, family-friendly sitcom to a gentle, warm, family-friendly sitcom with dark undertones of incest.

Quote: chipolata @ February 26 2012, 8:41 PM GMT

If they won last year and still have to enter this year because their career hasn't moved on then what's the point in entering any year?

Yeah, why bother? The chance for people to get interest from top producers? Pointless. I'd quit if I were you.

Is the list being announced at midnight wednesday?

I didnt realise how close we were to the results date. Jeez 2 days to go! Some serious whittling down must be going on about now at Sitcommission Manor.

It's all very exciting isn't it!?

I'm just glad it's a leap year or we'd have to wait bloomin' ages for the shortlist.

Apparently Tom Hollander is on the actors short list this year.

Quote: Marc P @ February 28 2012, 8:59 AM GMT

Apparently Tom Hollander is on the actors short list this year.

That joke is the height of hilariousness-ness

It's not bad I guess.

So it all comes out tomorrow, in absolute honesty, I don't think mine will get through, but I'd love to see it performed & maybe win so obviously really hoping it has been chosen.

Yes, it's the glimmer of hope that our script will be chosen that causes all the heartache. I just hope that my script was read by Simon-the good cop, as it were.

Does toadying get one anywhere here??

:)