What are you watching on TV? Page 1,547

Ewwwwwww.

Quote: zooo @ December 22 2011, 6:40 PM GMT

I'm sure the people involved are very interested! But most people aren't personally involved.

Maybe it's different over there. We have about 3 million men and women in uniform and almost 10% of the citizens are vets, so it's hard to find someone who isn't closely tied to a member of the military.

Quote: Leevil @ December 22 2011, 6:41 PM GMT

Either way, I don't think zooo doesn't show any sympathy. It's probably more to do with the insincerity of it all.

I certainly wasn't accusing her of that; she seems like a good egg. I doubt it's at all insincere; I think people are capable of reflection and giving thanks to strangers at this time of year.

You could complain about insincerity when people in the western world organize a "We are the World" event or focus on providing charity after a big disaster, but I'd like to think that we will occasionally take a few moments out of our busy lives to recognize that there are people less fortunate than ourselves out there.

Quote: DaButt @ December 23 2011, 7:11 AM GMT

Maybe it's different over there. We have about 3 million men and women in uniform and almost 10% of the citizens are vets, so it's hard to find someone who isn't closely tied to a member of the military.

America certainly does seem to have a deep reverance for those in the Armed Services. Unless they're gay, then they're booed at Republican presidential candidate debates.

Quote: chipolata @ December 23 2011, 7:30 AM GMT

America certainly does seem to have a deep reverance for those in the Armed Services. Unless they're gay, then they're booed at Republican presidential candidate debates.

Your political jab aside, you're missing something. All those veterans worked alongside gay men and women and respected their service. The scorn is reserved for people who try to disrupt the 'all for one and one for all" tradition that allows the military to function. Nobody really cares if you want to kiss a dude behind closed doors but there is little room for personal protest in the military or the whole thing will grind to a halt.

Did you see the video that sooty(?) posted of the 2 Navy lesbians sharing the traditional "first kiss" at the port?

Quote: DaButt @ December 23 2011, 7:11 AM GMT

I certainly wasn't accusing her of that; she seems like a good egg. I doubt it's at all insincere; I think people are capable of reflection and giving thanks to strangers at this time of year.

It's probably just my English intolerance for people showing emotions in public. ;)

Quote: chipolata @ December 22 2011, 6:40 PM GMT

I dream of the people I love volunteering to take a difficult job with low pay and sleeping at night and getting shot at by day 5000 miles away from me at Christmas.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Leevil @ December 22 2011, 6:41 PM GMT

Isn't zooo snr a police officer or army man of some sort? Or am I completely wrong?

Are you thinking of Scats? I seem to recall her dad is in the filth.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b018scn0/Imagine_Winter_2011_The_Art_of_StandUp_Part_One/

Available til Weds, part two is there as well

:) Try to catch it, think things will be tad fractious until Tuesday!

Miranda Christmas spesh

Snap.

The Inbetweeners on Jonathan Ross on ITV+1. Or was, they've just finished.

Quote: Rob H @ December 23 2011, 1:56 PM GMT

Are you thinking of Scats? I seem to recall her dad is in the filth.

I'm always thinking of Scats in some way. Whistling nnocently

Tommy Cooper.

Scrub that, I just flipped over to Al Murray at the O2.

Tosca. The soprano has the most fantastic rack. Voice. I meant voice.

Quote: Timbo @ December 24 2011, 4:07 PM GMT

Tosca. The soprano has the most fantastic rack. Voice. I meant voice.

Yes, I just had a look at them that. I wish that man would clean the jam off his face, it's very distracting.

Now I'm watching The 'burbs on ITV4. I watched it a few months ago, but there's sod all else on.