What are you watching on TV? Page 1,544

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 19 2011, 4:44 PM GMT

Quick recommendation for tonight's viewing. On BBC Four at 10pm is a re-showing of the Beeb's 1986 TV adaptation of Alan Ayckbourn's comic play Season's Greetings...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b018l5c0

Remember watching this when it first went out and it's a play that's also a staple of am-dram companies at this time of year. Genuinely funny and a great cast in this. Well worth a watch/record.

(Hope the Beeb will also show their adaptation of Ayckbourn's Absurd Person Singular some time, which is even better.)

:)

Sounds a bit too close to what will actually happen in my house to be entertaining !

Nevermind The Buzzcocks. Was Phil Jupitus every funny?

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 19 2011, 4:44 PM GMT

Genuinely funny and a great cast in this.

Just turned flick over to see who's in it and noticed one of the first two gays in Eastenders. I think he got AIDS.

Quote: Nil Putters @ December 19 2011, 10:15 PM GMT

Nevermind The Buzzcocks. Was Phil Jupitus every funny?

No. But he's always available.

:D

The Funny Side of Christmas on BBC 2, which I can only imagine Clive Anderson agreed to front due to some highly-complicated tax avoidance scheme.

He's done a few of these, they don't get any better...

Thank God for D-list celebrities! Without their informative 'talking head' commentaries, it would be near-impossible for me to imagine what Christmas was like 20 years ago.

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 19 2011, 10:54 PM GMT

Thank God for D-list celebrities! Without their informative 'talking head' commentaries, it would be near-impossible for me to imagine what Christmas was like 20 years ago.

Thats because you ingested enough weapons grade heorine you can't remember 20 minutes ago let alone 20 years ago

Oh Christ... Tony Blackburn. A man who's dead-eyed, joyless, lethargic face still seemingly manages to screams out the words "Please, please let me go back to the Seventies!"

EDIT: Blackburn's just imparted the interesting observation that the Morecambe & Wise Christmas TV specials were popular and very highly-anticipated.

I guess you still haven't forgiven him for attacking Ricky Gervais.

A Perfect Spy. Only meant to watch one episode of this John Le Carre adaptation but it wasn't really possible. Totally gripping character study as anything I've ever seen in a TV drama.
Treat yourself for Christmas-marvellous stuff.

"The Library" episode of Seinfeld. Philip Baker Hall's library cop is a work of genius. Laughing out loud

The Comedy Annual 2011 hosted by Philip Schoffield. Alistair McGowan is on now doing impressions. And they say ITV can't do comedy.

Load of crap on tonight. I guess I'll have to watch some football online. :)

Quote: Nil Putters @ December 21 2011, 7:24 PM GMT

to watch some football online. :)

It's just not the same though. :(