What are you watching on TV? Page 1,546

Why is TV obsessed with people in the forces over Christmas?
Every show you watch there's a clip of some army bloke wearing a Santa hat with a message for his kids at home that we're supposed to weep over.
Bugger off.

Quote: zooo @ December 22 2011, 10:47 AM GMT

Every show you watch there's a clip of some army bloke wearing a Santa hat with a message for his kids at home that we're supposed to weep over.
Bugger off.

Don't even get me started on Help for Heroes etc !

Angry

Teehee.

Quote: sootyj @ December 21 2011, 9:25 PM GMT

Compulsive hoarder on C4

Saw that last night, Jesus wept. I then went on to have the weirdest dream that I was snogging him in a car, yuk...and then the streets were flooded...heeeeelp, mind you I am under the influence of Sudafed and antibiotics at the moment.

:P I had a similar but worse nightmare.

Quote: zooo @ December 22 2011, 10:47 AM GMT

You'd probably understand if someone you loved had volunteered to take a difficult job with low pay and was sleeping in the dirt at night and getting shot at by day 5000 miles away from their family at Christmas. ;)

Quote: DaButt @ December 22 2011, 6:34 PM GMT

You'd probably understand if someone you loved had volunteered to take a difficult job with low pay and was sleeping in the dirt at night and getting shot at by day 5000 miles away from their family at Christmas. ;)

I dream of the people I love volunteering to take a difficult job with low pay and sleeping at night and getting shot at by day 5000 miles away from me at Christmas.

I'm sure the people involved are very interested! But most people aren't personally involved. It's just embarrassing and a bit cloying being witness to something that feels like it should be private. And it's bloody everywhere.

Isn't zooo snr a police officer or army man of some sort? Or am I completely wrong?

Either way, I don't think zooo doesn't show any sympathy. It's probably more to do with the insincerity of it all.

Quote: zooo @ December 22 2011, 6:40 PM GMT

I'm sure the people involved are very interested! But most people aren't personally involved. It's just embarrassing and a bit cloying being witness to something that feels like it should be private. And it's bloody everywhere.

:D

Quote: Leevil @ December 22 2011, 6:41 PM GMT

Isn't zooo snr a police officer or army man of some sort? Or am I completely wrong?

He was in the navy eons ago, yes. But only for a few years, and way before I existed, so I sometimes forget, heh. :)

Either way, I don't think zooo doesn't show any sympathy. It's probably more to do with the insincerity of it all.

That's the fella!

Quote: zooo @ December 22 2011, 6:43 PM GMT

so I sometimes forget, heh. :)

Yet I remember...

The horror, the horror, the horror.

Leevil has finally reached the 'I've been on here too long and know too much' stage. :O

Quote: zooo @ December 22 2011, 6:46 PM GMT

Leevil has finally reached the 'I've been on here too long and know too much' stage. :O

Haven't you got an appointment with the gynecologist on Monday? Don't forget.

Haha!
That would not be a good Boxing Day activity.

Laughing out loud

Why do you think they call it boxing day?