CHRISTMAS! Page 25

This year is a strange year. I have not really got into the full swing because it's basically the first year without Mum. It's a bit odd. Like Christmas is happening somewhere else. A lot has changed.

But it's not all bad. I was telling Danny about this family I know over in the States. Short version was the mother came home with her two sons and found the father on the floor. Something happened due to a clot on the brain and he was in a coma for weeks. The doctors said he might not make it and even then, there was a chance of brain damage. Don't panic, he is okay now. He is recovering well but I sent a load of UK sweets and bits and today got a lovely message back from the boys. That is Christmas to me.

Cheesey vomit time over.

Rolling eyes Went 'late night' shopping to Tesco, nothing in stock, empty shelves, crap. Just bought a pint of milk, waste of time.

On line purchases not turned up yet! give it up now.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop @ December 21 2011, 10:43 PM GMT

This year is a strange year. I have not really got into the full swing because it's basically the first year without Mum. It's a bit odd. Like Christmas is happening somewhere else. A lot has changed.

Hug

But it's not all bad. I was telling Danny about this family I know over in the States. Short version was the mother came home with her two sons and found the father on the floor. Something happened due to a clot on the brain and he was in a coma for weeks. The doctors said he might not make it and even then, there was a chance of brain damage. Don't panic, he is okay now. He is recovering well but I sent a load of UK sweets and bits and today got a lovely message back from the boys. That is Christmas to me.

Try not to talk about blood clots on the like. I only have to read about them and I begin to feel the membranes in my head start to thin. I had headaches all weekend and was convinced I was hours away from an aneurism.

Cheesey vomit time over.

Equal amounts of aww, and yikes and then aw again. In that order.

Quote: chipolata @ December 22 2011, 9:38 AM GMT

Hug
Try not to talk about blood clots on the like. I only have to read about them and I begin to feel the membranes in my head start to thin. I had headaches all weekend and was convinced I was hours away from an aneurism.

You went on about an embolism in another thread! But yeah, I know what you mean.

Quote: chipolata @ December 22 2011, 9:38 AM GMT

Hug

Is this like the time you were convinced you had leprosy and your penis was about to fall off so you went to hospital and it turned out you had been masturbating and not washing your hands after eating wotsits?

:( :) Yes, we do remember folk and it is good, I was very happy to receive 2 cards from relatives I had not heard of for ages!

Alas, that is the natural order of things, at least she'll never know the pain of outliving you. Her nature and nurture live on in you and any brothers and sisters you might have, and one day you get married, have kids and be part of a new nuclear family of your own, and enjoy Christmas vicariously through your children.

It's good that you've been able to help others, I'm sure your Mum would be proud.

Quote: Vader @ December 22 2011, 1:30 PM GMT

Alas, that is the natural order of things, at least she'll never know the pain of outliving you. Her nature and nurture live on in you and any brothers and sisters you might have, and one day you get married, have kids and be part of a new nuclear family of your own, and enjoy Christmas vicariously through your children.

It's good that you've been able to help others, I'm sure your Mum would be proud.

That's very sweet Vader!

I will never outgrow Christmas though. I'm the official Christmas Queen usually.

Google 'Christmas' Or 'Santa Claus'.

Wooo!

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop @ December 22 2011, 2:52 PM GMT

That's very sweet Vader!

I will never outgrow Christmas though. I'm the official Christmas Queen usually.

Thanks. :)

Fair enough then, I've kinda lost interest in Christmas, but if you haen't then that's cool.

I like Christmas
Days off & Good Telly.

And better avatars.

:D